“Inviting from the outside but disgusting on the inside”

Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently vacationed in Colorado. The night before I was to leave, I wanted to stay in the Denver area to be closer to the airport. I went in 3 hotels and asked for a room. Because of a world tournament going on in town, they all had limited space available which was usually a room larger than I needed and at a premium price. Staybridge Suites was the 3rd one I tried and I decided to take it. From the outside, it looked very nice. The lobby area also looked very nice. The clerk was very personable and let me know my stay included breakfast in the morning. When I got in my room, I was shocked. While I had to sign a no smoking agreement at check in, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. There was even a cigarette burn hole in the sheer drapes. The upholstry on the arm chair was frayed. ragged and just plain worn out. The sofa had some white crusty stains on it that I question the origin. The furniture was too dirty to sit on. The lampshade had holes in it and the harp holding it on the lamp was broken so the shade flopped sideways on the lamp. The sheer drapes were ragged. When I went to bed, the pillows smelled of dirty oily hair. I spoke to another couple in the lobby the next morning and they expressed their disappointment in the room conditions as well. They had booked their room for 3 nights. Luckily I was checking out. Couldn't get out of that place fast enough. I plan to send a letter to Staybridge Suites about this. Their rooms desparately need to be refurnished. I took pictures and will include them in my letter. For $200 a night, I expect fresh and clean.

Room Tip: Read reviews and make reservations ahead of your stay. Don't just walk in and ask for a room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan R
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I understand that you had an unfortunate experience. I have been able to inspect the room you had been placed in and understand how disappointed you were with the suite. We have corrected many of your concerns and will continue to address the remaining. I appreciate your letter you sent me directly and have given you a full refund from your stay. I apologize that we did not take the time to ensure that the room was ready to meet your expectations. We are scheduled for a renovation in the near future but we strive to maintain a clean hotel and sorry we failed you in this instance.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Came in from el paso Texas and stayed here for five nights. The hotel is very good and clean. They offer breakfast daily and during the week the offer free dinners on certain days. We enjoyed the hamburgers and hotdogs yesterday. The even offered free beer and wine. Come on who else is going to offer free booze. The only complaint we had is the doors to the rooms close very loudly. So you won't get much rest after 6 am, when everyone is up and heading for breakfast. Besides that the hotel is in good location, next to a target and Applebee's.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cygnus100

We are glad that you were able to find your stay enjoyable. Thank you for sharing with us. We offer the "free booze" as you say at The Social on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the denver world lacrosse championships with our lacrosse team. Check in was smooth and staff friendly. Great amenities including free laundry and fitness room. Loved that they served free buffet breakfast daily and every tues, wed and thu have a social in the evening with free food and drinks including wine and beer. Outdoor pool was good, great barbecue sitting area. One of the other teams was able to do a barbecue there. Hotel overall was nice with lots of areas to hang around. Lots of restaurants and shopping in close proximity like target across the street, grocery store close by and cherry creek mall 10 min away. Also close to university of denver and zoo. Unfortunately I just wish our room would have been a bit nicer. Was very small for the 3 of us ( queen bed with sofa bed and kitchenette) sofa bed needs thicker mattress and new springs. Couldn't get restful sleep listening to creaking all night every time you moved in that bed. Everything in room was too close to each other made you feel closed in. Would stay here again but in bigger room. Was overall impressed with this hotel as it made our long stressful tournament stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a larger room with separate bedroom and sitting area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle D

I am glad that you stayed with us during your recent tournament. It sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of what we have to offer. Our Studio Suites are a good value for our guests but as you noted we do offer One Bedroom and Two Bedroom Suites. I will take a look and examine your sleeper sofa to confirm it is in working order. The next time you stay, we could offer some additional padding for the sleeper sofa to make it more comfortable for your preference. Thank again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Denver. Up in arrival we were unimpressed. They claim to be a 3.5 star hotel but the room looked extremely worn down - there were strange stains on the carpet. It just didn't feel like a place for $240 a night. The location is not horrible and you are only 15 minutes from the center of Denver but I would spend a few more dollars next time and stay at a nicer place. There is a breakfast available with the room rate but it's kind of mediocre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the suite you stayed in. It appears we overlooked some stains in the carpet which we have addressed with your room. We realize how uncomfortable that you must have felt seeing those stains. We strive to maintain a clean and safe environment for our guest stay and regret we fell short of that goal in your experience. We have a renovation scheduled in the next year so we hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Denver. We have recently completed many updates to the hotel to include new mattresses and bedding package, new TVs, Public Area improvements and a great outdoor living area for our gusts to enjoy.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed 8 nights in mid-June for work. The location of the hotel was fantastic for my work (a few blocks away) and to get around the city (and out of to the mountains).

Typical Staybridge studio room which was kept up well by housekeeping. Enjoyed the breakfast on the weekend and the meals T-Th nights. Unfortunately for me, I'm in the office by 6 am and could not eat breakfast during the week since they don't open until 6:30, but was able to grab coffee and a banana from the employee setting up breakfast for the morning. Did wish they opened earlier.....

Only issue I had was the location of my room. Since I was by myself on business, hotel should look at this when placing reservations with room assignments. My room overlooked the pool and the screaming of the kids and loudness of the adults playing games or just drinking and talking outside was quite annoying for someone who has to get up early to head to work. I had already unpacked everything for the week when I realized how bad the noise would be coming from the pool area. I really didn't want to pack everything up and ask to move rooms. My decision...I had to live with it for the time I was there. This is just an fyi for those business travelers or light sleepers.....be aware.

Staff was very nice and cordial whenever I talked to them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us some feedback. We are sorry that we placed you near the pool. We have some great Creekside or Mountain View rooms available that would have gotten you away from the pool. The next time you are in, we do have a Grab n Go breakfast available for our early risers. If you let us know the night before we can prepare a bag in advance. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will see you back soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Staybridge Cherry Creek two nights while visiting our son in Denver. It will be our ONLY hotel in Denver from now on! Check-in time is normally 3 p.m. (check-out time is noon), but after we arrived on an early flight, I called the front desk to see if we could check in around noon. "That shouldn't be a problem", we were told. Ultimately we changed our plans and didn't arrive at the hotel until about 9 p.m. When I called to tell the front desk about our later arrival, "Your room is all set when you get here". Very gracious. Our stay at the hotel was wonderful! The suite felt enormous, with a full kitchen. The complimentary breakfast was fantastic (I judge any breakfast by the coffee, and the coffee was great!). The breakfast room is huge and welcoming. The people are friendly. There's a Super Target store right across the street. Great hotel! Staybridge, well done!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Capebum
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay and we are glad that you had such a great experience. We get a lot of favorable feedback on our coffee and we proudly serve Wolfgang Puck Coffee! See you soon...

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our second trip to this hotel and every time the front desk has exceeded our expectations. They are always very friendly and helpful. This last time we stayed they went above and beyond to make sure that the room we were in was going to work for our emergency situation. Housekeeping was inconsistent, but good. The first night we stayed it was cleaned spotless. The second it was done just not as good. We really love this hotel, and have vowed not to stay anywhere else in Denver because of the convenient location and the friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We appreciate you stay and gald that you will make us the place to stay while in Denver. I have shared your feedback with the staff and know the Front Desk Team will be excited to see that they made you feel so welcome. I ahve noted you feeback on housekeeping and wills ee what we will need to improve. Thank you for sharing and see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!