I recently vacationed in Colorado. The night before I was to leave, I wanted to stay in the Denver area to be closer to the airport. I went in 3 hotels and asked for a room. Because of a world tournament going on in town, they all had limited space available which was usually a room larger than I needed and at a premium price. Staybridge Suites was the 3rd one I tried and I decided to take it. From the outside, it looked very nice. The lobby area also looked very nice. The clerk was very personable and let me know my stay included breakfast in the morning. When I got in my room, I was shocked. While I had to sign a no smoking agreement at check in, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. There was even a cigarette burn hole in the sheer drapes. The upholstry on the arm chair was frayed. ragged and just plain worn out. The sofa had some white crusty stains on it that I question the origin. The furniture was too dirty to sit on. The lampshade had holes in it and the harp holding it on the lamp was broken so the shade flopped sideways on the lamp. The sheer drapes were ragged. When I went to bed, the pillows smelled of dirty oily hair. I spoke to another couple in the lobby the next morning and they expressed their disappointment in the room conditions as well. They had booked their room for 3 nights. Luckily I was checking out. Couldn't get out of that place fast enough. I plan to send a letter to Staybridge Suites about this. Their rooms desparately need to be refurnished. I took pictures and will include them in my letter. For $200 a night, I expect fresh and clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the banks of the Cherry Creek River and only a short drive from the Rocky Mountains, the Staybridge Suites Denver Cherry Creek is central to all that Denver has to offer. This all suite property is perfect for your next corporate or leisure overnight or extended stay. A great alternative to a corporate apartment or,temporary housing, all of our suites feature a fully equipped kitchen, separate living and sleeping area, and a large work desk with free high speed Internet. In addition, we provide a complimentary hot breakfast buffet daily to all our guests as well as a complimentary evening Guest Social served Tues-Thurs from 5:30PM-7:30PM. We are a pet friendly hotel, ideal for corporate relocation's and located in Glendale only 6 miles from Elitch Gardens Amusement Park and 22 miles from Denver International Airport. Our hotel is within reach of the Dave and Busters, the State Capital, the Botanical Gardens, the Denver Zoo and the Children's Museum. We are also within a 25 mile radius of Waterworld and the city of Boulder. Some of our guests choose to stay at our hotel to visit nearby hospitals such as Presbyterian Hospital, Children Hospital and University Hospital or also the University of Denver and University of Colorado.We have easy access to all of Denver s major highway arteries, so getting to Aspen, Vail, Breckenridge or Winterpark is convenient and fast! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek Hotel Glendale
- Staybridge Suites Glendale
- Glendale Staybridge Suites