“Great extras for families...but needs updated rooms”

Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glendale
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This is a great hotel for a family. The staff is excellent and the free extras make the stay great. If you need the very best and updated amenities than look for a newer hotel. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights the hotel offers some sort of dinner option for free! Usually this included beer and wine as well as sodas! I didn't even mention the breakfasts daily at this property. If there is something that needs to be filled the staff is right on top of your need. I liked the location for the opportunity to walk in the Cherry Creek park. If you are traveling with a family this is the place for you. Be ready for some needed updates but overall a good stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bcleaner
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

I am glad to see that the staff was on top of your needs!. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and can see we accomplished that for you. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

While vacationing in Denver, we got a 2-bedroom suite at Staybridge near Cherry Creek Mall. Great facility. Room very clean and in mint condition. Excellent breakfast with tons of options. The employee staffing the breakfast area was nearly overwhelmed by the large crowd but kept the food coming and handled requests courteously. There's a small DVD library and a mini-store available off the lobby. Also a small basketball court near the pool. The hotel is adjacent to a very popular jogging/biking trail. This was an absolutely perfect stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We are excited that you had a nice stay! We will hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Found this place on our way to Durango. Needed a place that was pet friendly. Very clean and comfortable. Pet fee not way to high. Breakfast was scrambled eggs and canadian bacon, besides your standard pastries, fruits and cereals.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are glad that your family and your four legged friend enjoyed your stay! Our pet fee is very affordable to make sure you can bring your entire family. We also offer pet free rooms as well for those that may have allergies. We also clean the carpets and all other surfaces in the room after each pet checks out. I hope you were able to enjoy your time in Durango.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I recently vacationed in Colorado. The night before I was to leave, I wanted to stay in the Denver area to be closer to the airport. I went in 3 hotels and asked for a room. Because of a world tournament going on in town, they all had limited space available which was usually a room larger than I needed and at a premium price. Staybridge Suites was the 3rd one I tried and I decided to take it. From the outside, it looked very nice. The lobby area also looked very nice. The clerk was very personable and let me know my stay included breakfast in the morning. When I got in my room, I was shocked. While I had to sign a no smoking agreement at check in, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. There was even a cigarette burn hole in the sheer drapes. The upholstry on the arm chair was frayed. ragged and just plain worn out. The sofa had some white crusty stains on it that I question the origin. The furniture was too dirty to sit on. The lampshade had holes in it and the harp holding it on the lamp was broken so the shade flopped sideways on the lamp. The sheer drapes were ragged. When I went to bed, the pillows smelled of dirty oily hair. I spoke to another couple in the lobby the next morning and they expressed their disappointment in the room conditions as well. They had booked their room for 3 nights. Luckily I was checking out. Couldn't get out of that place fast enough. I plan to send a letter to Staybridge Suites about this. Their rooms desparately need to be refurnished. I took pictures and will include them in my letter. For $200 a night, I expect fresh and clean.

Room Tip: Read reviews and make reservations ahead of your stay. Don't just walk in and ask for a room...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan R

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I understand that you had an unfortunate experience. I have been able to inspect the room you had been placed in and understand how disappointed you were with the suite. We have corrected many of your concerns and will continue to address the remaining. I appreciate your letter you sent me directly and have given you a full refund from your stay. I apologize that we did not take the time to ensure that the room was ready to meet your expectations. We are scheduled for a renovation in the near future but we strive to maintain a clean hotel and sorry we failed you in this instance.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Came in from el paso Texas and stayed here for five nights. The hotel is very good and clean. They offer breakfast daily and during the week the offer free dinners on certain days. We enjoyed the hamburgers and hotdogs yesterday. The even offered free beer and wine. Come on who else is going to offer free booze. The only complaint we had is the doors to the rooms close very loudly. So you won't get much rest after 6 am, when everyone is up and heading for breakfast. Besides that the hotel is in good location, next to a target and Applebee's.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cygnus100

We are glad that you were able to find your stay enjoyable. Thank you for sharing with us. We offer the "free booze" as you say at The Social on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for the denver world lacrosse championships with our lacrosse team. Check in was smooth and staff friendly. Great amenities including free laundry and fitness room. Loved that they served free buffet breakfast daily and every tues, wed and thu have a social in the evening with free food and drinks including wine and beer. Outdoor pool was good, great barbecue sitting area. One of the other teams was able to do a barbecue there. Hotel overall was nice with lots of areas to hang around. Lots of restaurants and shopping in close proximity like target across the street, grocery store close by and cherry creek mall 10 min away. Also close to university of denver and zoo. Unfortunately I just wish our room would have been a bit nicer. Was very small for the 3 of us ( queen bed with sofa bed and kitchenette) sofa bed needs thicker mattress and new springs. Couldn't get restful sleep listening to creaking all night every time you moved in that bed. Everything in room was too close to each other made you feel closed in. Would stay here again but in bigger room. Was overall impressed with this hotel as it made our long stressful tournament stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a larger room with separate bedroom and sitting area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle D

I am glad that you stayed with us during your recent tournament. It sounds like you were able to enjoy a lot of what we have to offer. Our Studio Suites are a good value for our guests but as you noted we do offer One Bedroom and Two Bedroom Suites. I will take a look and examine your sleeper sofa to confirm it is in working order. The next time you stay, we could offer some additional padding for the sleeper sofa to make it more comfortable for your preference. Thank again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Denver. Up in arrival we were unimpressed. They claim to be a 3.5 star hotel but the room looked extremely worn down - there were strange stains on the carpet. It just didn't feel like a place for $240 a night. The location is not horrible and you are only 15 minutes from the center of Denver but I would spend a few more dollars next time and stay at a nicer place. There is a breakfast available with the room rate but it's kind of mediocre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Aaron W, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the suite you stayed in. It appears we overlooked some stains in the carpet which we have addressed with your room. We realize how uncomfortable that you must have felt seeing those stains. We strive to maintain a clean and safe environment for our guest stay and regret we fell short of that goal in your experience. We have a renovation scheduled in the next year so we hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Denver. We have recently completed many updates to the hotel to include new mattresses and bedding package, new TVs, Public Area improvements and a great outdoor living area for our gusts to enjoy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glendale
Cherry Creek
HALCYON, a hotel in Cherry Creek

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver-Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!