Loved, Loved, Loved this hotel. The ONLY reason it doesn't get a 5, is because of the noise from the highway, which is no fault of the hotels, but totally kills the mood. The highway runs straight through the centre of glenwood springs, and the trucks racing through and their air brakes are pretty irritating.
Having said that, you can't hear them in your room - only if you're outside or on the balcony.
Now, the things I loved about this hotel - the history, the fires burning out the front with adirondack chairs around them, the traditional decor, the awesome staff, the location to the springs and, the completely fabulous views!
Would love to go back to this place at christmas time! Think it would be phenomenal.
If you are someone who needs all the latest updated mod cons, this hotel may not be for you. if you can appreciate the beauty of the 4 poster beds, traditional wallpaper, and a feeling that smacks of 'boardwalk empire', then you'll love this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs