We arrived in Glenwood Springs without a reservation and upon sight I decided to try Hotel Colorado. I was pleased to find a vacancy at a reasonable rate. Checking in, i was told that they had a no pet policy and even signed a waiver that I would not have a pet in the room. Then we went to the car to get our bags and passed an adorable Sheltie and her master. Apparently the no pet policy was for my particular room. I love dogs, So, this did not bother me other than the mixed message I received. The room was clean but 100 years old. The bed was a spring mattress that made me feel that I could bounce my wife out with an abrupt movement. I did love the history of the hotel and appreciate that it was still being cared for. And perhaps I was disappointed that I didn't see a ghost wandering the halls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs