It's a grand old hotel that has seen better days. We came for an overnight visit to check out the hot springs across the street from the hotel. The lobby and common areas are quite nice but the rooms leave much to be desired. The furniture was chipped, worn, laminate that is the quality you would see in a cheap roadside motel. The paint is chipped in many places and the carpet worn. I realize it's an old hotel but the renovation was poorly done. There are exposed electrical wires stapled along the baseboard. There was one electrical outlet for the whole room. To give some extra outlets, they plugged a multi-plug surge protector. The doors to the room are an inch too short. As a result, you hear everything that goes on in the hallways. The radiator heat couldn't be adjusted and the temperature was sweltering all night. The pillows and mattress were poor quality. The carpets in the stairway look like they hadn't been vacuumed in a couple of days. It's a beautiful old building in a great setting but the rooms really have the feel of a low end motel chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs