We stayed one night on a Tuesday in May. We found both good and not so good at this hotel.
We wanted to stay at the Hotel Colorado after we had a wonderful stay several years ago. We love the historical hotel and all the history with Teddy Roosevelt. The bedding was good and the television variety was nice traveling with a young child. The staff was helpful to us when we had purchased a growler of beer to take home and realized our room did not have a fridge. They stored it for us and returned it upon checkout. That was great of them.
What we found not so good at the hotel was the distance we had to bring our bags. I understand it is a historical hotel and the entrance has many steps. It would have been nice to be able to use a luggage caddy though. The other thing was the bathtub. It looked pretty awful and didn't look so clean. I didn't want to give my son a bath in it. I also felt I was leaving dirty footprints after getting out of it. Our toilet broke and maintenance was quick to respond.
I love the Hotel Colorado but just wasn't as impressed with this visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs