I so want to love this hotel, but there are so many issues. The hotel is an historic landmark. The history is fascinating and there is great memorabilia and vintage furnishings, art and newspaper articles throughout the hotel. The lobby is beautiful and there is a charming courtyard where guests can get a cocktail and enjoy live music and mountain views. The location is also great, directly across from the Hot Springs Pool and a short walk into downtown. However, once you get past the lobby, the rest of the hotel needs some major attention. The hallways are poorly lit with cheap fixtures and the combination of the dim lighting and poor choice of paint colors make everything look dingy and a bit creepy. It doesn't help that all the water pipes remain exposed with broken fire extinguisher boxes, cable and phone wires and shut off valves in plain view every few feet. The rooms themselves are spacious, but suffer from the same dingy paint scheme, popcorn ceilings and dirty pipes as the hallways. The furniture in our room looked like it came from the local Goodwill store and was scratched and damaged. One of our beds was so sunken in in the middle, that we had to try to sleep right on the edge to avoid rolling into the center. The bathroom had updated fixtures, but not within the last 20 years and it was very small and dark for our family of three. There is no air conditioning in this hotel, but the ceiling fans in the rooms and the open windows do a decent job of keeping the rooms cool in the evening. The staff is very friendly and responded quickly to all our requests. This hotel could be spectacular with some investment in fixing the condition issues and turning this hotel into the historic showplace it should be. If you want to experience the history, come and have a drink in the lobby, but stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian-style resort was frequented by former President Teddy Roosevelt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Colorado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colorado Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Colorado Resort Glenwood Springs