Hotel Colorado
Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$122
Caravan Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$88
Hampton Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$177
Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$68
Frontier Lodge(Glenwood Springs)
US$77
Courtyard Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$145
Courtyard
Hotel Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Hotel Denver(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$155
Orbitz.com
Residence Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$162
Hanging Lake Inn(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$79
1,145 results
All reviewsteddy rooseveltceiling fanthere is no air conditioninghistorical hotelroosevelt suitegrand old hotelhot springschristmas decorationsacross the streetlots of historyhistoric charmcoffee shopmodern amenitiesstep back in timeoutdoor barsitting roomvapor caves
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The charm of this hotel is its history, and we have stayed here before, so we knew exactly what to expect. As a result, loved it. No a/c, old rooms . . . no problem. The showers work great, the beds are comfortable, and there are box and ceiling fans in the rooms. The hotel is walking distance from EVERYthing -- we parked the car and never had to drive again until leaving, including for the bike trails. The front courtyard with Adirondack chairs and benches is delightful in afternoon (completely shaded) and evening for having a drink or just relaxing and enjoying the mountain town. Staff was warm and friendly, and room service breakfast was exactly what we ordered. Fun stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the hotel, facing the courtyard, get plenty of shade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cherylburnside
Reviewed 4 August 2014

First off i have to say this is the place if your in town on two wheels. We were pleasantly surprised by the front desk staff that they have covered motorcycle parking on the side of the building. The room was clean and shortly after check in we received a phone call from guest services asking if we needed anything, very nice in my opinion. Bed was very comfortable and the only negatives are no A/C although tolerable with the window fan. The shower temp was extremely finicky to try and get a less than scalding temp. Water would start out cold for a very long time then get uncontrollably hot. TV is slightly small for the room size. Furniture sort of rickety but again going with the historic theme. Noise was a slight issue the second morning there with doors slamming. The courtyard area was really really nice as well as the bar with very friendly staff. We would stay here again, overall was a good experience.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I paid $130 for a single night. I know staying at "historical hotels" is often a compromise against modern amenities. Hotel Colorado has a lot of history. However, unfortunately the room was worse than a budget motel. I don't need air conditioning on 4th floor if I know the building is historic, but I do need a ceiling fan that is installed correctly and doesn't bounce back and forth across the ceiling. Also, when opening the window I found no screen so I had to choose between an open window and bugs flying in from outside. The bathtub was in disrepair, and the showerhead was probably a $10 investment. No extras came along with the $130 ticket--no in-room coffeemaker, no free lobby coffee or continental breakfast, nothing.

I think the hotel draws people for its history, which is interesting. By all means drop by when you're in Glenwood Sprs. and learn a little about it. There isn't a tour or anything, just a packet of photocopied historical one-liners. Again, interesting history and it could really be leveraged better with some actual story-telling. Anyway, you don't need to stay there to get the history, and I recommend you don't. ESPECIALLY for $130 for a single king bed. You'd have a more comfortable stay for half the price at a motorlodge and not leave feeling like you were ripped off.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank marvelousbobchestnut
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here one night in August 2014. I didn't realize there was no A/C and fortunately it was cool at night so not a big deal. But really? I don't think I've ever seen a hotel in the US with no A/C. I realize it's historic and all, but come on... Rooms are fairly sparse in my opinion. Bed was OK but sagged in the middle. LCD TV was perched on a wobbly old table which looked like they stole it from your grandma. Bathroom was OK but nothing special. There is one small parking lot for this huge place so I had to park way up the hill on a side street. Again...really? Build a parking ramp if there's no space.....There is a nice courtyard outside with a bar and restaurant which was nice to hang out in. Overall, the place needs mucho $$$ dumped into to upgrade it. It could be really cool as the building itself is pretty neat. The carpets in the hall looked like they needed a cleaning and some had significant wear on them. There were barely any outlets in the room so you had to unplug something to charge a phone. The location is good, across from the hot springs and the downtown area with lots of restaurants. But I don't think I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If you face the courtyard, it could be noisy as your windows will be open due to no A/C.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Hotel Colorado for 3 nights. We really like the front court yard and the hotel lobby. In the mornings we would have coffee in the lobby, and in the evenings we would sit in the outdoor courtyard and enjoy the fire pits and cocktails while playing cards.

As many have stated - if it gets too hot the rooms are warm with no air conditioning. Ours wasn't too bad since it didn't get that hot and the ceiling fan worked well. The box fans in the room won't do anything because there is no electrical outlet near the window and no extension cord.

Our biggest problem was parking. When we returned from a day of sight seeing we found that someone had parked a U-haul lengthwise in the parking lot with a trailer behind it. They were taking up 9 spots in an already small parking lot. After driving around the hotel looking for a place to park, my wife went in to see about the U-haul taking up all the room. The manager told her to just keep driving around or to park across the street at KFC. They really didn't seem to care that 2 vehicles were taking up 30% of their parking lot.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room so you can get cross ventilation from windows on different walls.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family