“Way Overpriced!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Tram Only Admission to Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in historic Glenwood Springs, Colorado, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park offers a unique mountain-top adventure that's fun for the whole family. Ride the Giant Canyon Swing-featured on "Good Morning America" and the Travel Channel show, "Bert the Conqueror"-as well as the longest Alpine Coaster in Colorado, the Glenwood Canyon Flyer, the Soaring Eagle Zip Ride, the Cliffhanger Roller Coaster, the GiddyUp, the Mine Wheel Ferris-wheel-style-ride and the Wild West Express Coaster. You can race through the Fort Where-Am-I Maze, play laser tag, conquer the climbing wall and enjoy films in our 4D Motion Theater. Some rides are seasonal; a list of which attractions are open can be found on our website. Great for groups, family reunions and birthday parties. Your visit to the Glenwood Caverns promises a unique, mountain-top adventure and memories to last a lifetime. The wholesome fun of nature-based educational activities combined with attractions to please die-hard thrill seekers makes this the perfect place to spend a day with family and friends.
Denver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Way Overpriced!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2008

We went to the Glenwood Springs Adventure Park and Caverns and were disappointed because of the cost. Just to get into the park, it cost our family $34 for the tram ride into the park. Then, if you want to do anything at the park, you have to buy tickets for each ride. One ticket costs $2.50. Just to ride their "roller coaster" would cost each person $7.50 (a 3 ticket ride), so for four people, that's an additional $30 for one ride.

Granted, you can buy their "Day Pass" which allows you unlimited access to all the rides except horse-back riding and the cave tour for $37 per adult. For another $5, you can also get a cave tour with your day pass. While this may seem like a deal, keep in mind there are less than ten attractions on the mountain and you are paying more at this park than you do at other amusement parks with the caliber of a Six Flags reputation. Frankly, only $30 more and you can get into DisneyLand and this is definitely no Disneyland, folks.

In their favor, the view is spectacular, but the cost is toooooo much. I would rather have used the money we spent to get into the park on something else for my kids, but live and learn!

Gladstone, MO
“Special trip with the grandkids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2008

Each year, I take several of my grandkids on a special trip. This year, we picked Glenwood Caverns in Glenwood Springs. It was a very nice choice, and I have a feeling we'll be back. I loved the gondola ride and the tour of the caves. The kids tried the rides too. The coaster ride was their favorite, but the older 2 kids also tried the big swing and liked it too. Theres a lot to pick from, I think we could have spent another whole day there and had just as much fun. I recommend this to other grandparents looking for a real treat for their grandkids. Its more manageable than the huge amusement parks, and its different, something they will always remember.

Denver, CO
“Glenwood Caverns is a Real Jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2008

I took my four granddaughters to Glenwood Springs for a weekend getaway. Glenwood Caverns is a beautiful natural wonder and the tour was extremely interesting and captivating. The tour guide provided lots of interesting facts about the history of the cavern. The Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park was lots of fun - the kids loved the alpine slide and other rides. They also went horseback riding and giggled their way through the mechanical bull ride. The tram ride up the mountain provided a gorgeous view. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. I would recommend this site to anyone who wants to experience beauty and fun all in one spot.

Colorado Springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip to Glenwood Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

Glenwood Caverns was the highlight of our trip to Glenwood Springs! We went there primarily to tour the cave and were thrilled to find so much more to do and see there. The cave was beautiful and our guide told us lots of stories and history that my whole family found interesting. The gondola ride to the top was lots of fun and had amazing views. After we toured the cave my husband and son, who are thrill seekers, had a blast on the swing shot. We all rode the canyon flyer and loved it. After that we had a wonderful dinner at the restaurant. It is so refreshing to find a sit-down restaurant with a good menu and healthy choices instead of the usual fast food fare you find at many parks. But my favorite thing about Glenwood Caverns is it is neat and clean and located in a beautiful, unspoiled setting that doesn't have a theme park feel.

3 Thank springs03
Boulder, Colorado
“Great family destination - with fun for Mom & Dad too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2008

My daughter and I happened upon Glenwood Caverns during a motorcycle trip and decided we had to bring the whole family back. This second trip with the family soon turned into a third trip along with a very WILD tour of the cave. The Gondola gives great views, the swing over a cliff is a must, the coaster was definitely the kids favorite ride... but if you go and are able-bodied, you absolutely must go on the wild cave tour (don't forget to call ahead for wild tour reservations). The walking tour of the cave is fun but the wild tour allows you to really go caving - way down in the cave sliding through small areas on your belly. Wear some old cloths because you will end end up dirty but will see amazing things and end up with a big smile on your face.

Plan ahead and make a day of it. It's a great family destination and not just for the kids.

If you live within reasonable driving distance, you should consider the annual pass. That made it inexpensive for us to go back for a second time - even with the whole family.