“Great family fun”

and up
Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park with Tram, Two Cave Tours and All Attractions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in historic Glenwood Springs, Colorado, Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park offers a unique mountain-top adventure that's fun for the whole family. Ride the Giant Canyon Swing-featured on "Good Morning America" and the Travel Channel show, "Bert the Conqueror"-as well as the longest Alpine Coaster in Colorado, the Glenwood Canyon Flyer, the Soaring Eagle Zip Ride, the Cliffhanger Roller Coaster, the GiddyUp, the Mine Wheel Ferris-wheel-style-ride and the Wild West Express Coaster. You can race through the Fort Where-Am-I Maze, play laser tag, conquer the climbing wall and enjoy films in our 4D Motion Theater. Some rides are seasonal; a list of which attractions are open can be found on our website. Great for groups, family reunions and birthday parties. Your visit to the Glenwood Caverns promises a unique, mountain-top adventure and memories to last a lifetime. The wholesome fun of nature-based educational activities combined with attractions to please die-hard thrill seekers makes this the perfect place to spend a day with family and friends.
Reviewed 15 August 2008

After hemming and hawwing on whether it was worth it to go to Glenwood Springs from Breckenridge for this, we ended up staying 10 hours. We closed it down.

Our group included kids from age 5 thru 19.

Note - we didn't partake in the cave tour.

At first the lines for the attractions were long and slow - about 20 minutes. Then it thinned out as the day wore on.

The attractions are fun and kept up well. Workers were international from a eign work to travel program. They were mostly good workers and fun to be around for a day.

Alpine Slide - called Canyon Flyer was the best and we never tired of it. The Swingshot - which hangs you out 1000+ feet over the canyon is a thrillng experience. The chair zipline was a fun ride too but not of the scary sort.

The lesser attractions - like the bullriding, bungee trampoline, maze, and climbing wall were excellent for the littler ones in our group. All of this was very accessible. Things for parents and kids do together.

It was the sort of fun that is best shared with kids of all ages. Perfect for our group.

1  Thank Dan S

Reviewed 3 August 2008

We have been going to the caves since it opened and every year it gets better and better. We’re local and I can honestly say the locals love it just as must as our summer/year round guests. It’s beautiful, the staff is awesome and it’s fun for the entire family. You won’t be disappointed and you will be back!!!

This is something not to be missed on your trip to Glenwood. I could go into detail on all there is to see and do but you really should see for yourself. Remember the sunscreen and the weather can close some parts of the park so check the forecast :-)

Reviewed 24 July 2008

We went to the Glenwood Springs Adventure Park and Caverns and were disappointed because of the cost. Just to get into the park, it cost our family $34 for the tram ride into the park. Then, if you want to do anything at the park, you have to buy tickets for each ride. One ticket costs $2.50. Just to ride their "roller coaster" would cost each person $7.50 (a 3 ticket ride), so for four people, that's an additional $30 for one ride.

Granted, you can buy their "Day Pass" which allows you unlimited access to all the rides except horse-back riding and the cave tour for $37 per adult. For another $5, you can also get a cave tour with your day pass. While this may seem like a deal, keep in mind there are less than ten attractions on the mountain and you are paying more at this park than you do at other amusement parks with the caliber of a Six Flags reputation. Frankly, only $30 more and you can get into DisneyLand and this is definitely no Disneyland, folks.

In their favor, the view is spectacular, but the cost is toooooo much. I would rather have used the money we spent to get into the park on something else for my kids, but live and learn!

Reviewed 25 June 2008

Each year, I take several of my grandkids on a special trip. This year, we picked Glenwood Caverns in Glenwood Springs. It was a very nice choice, and I have a feeling we'll be back. I loved the gondola ride and the tour of the caves. The kids tried the rides too. The coaster ride was their favorite, but the older 2 kids also tried the big swing and liked it too. Theres a lot to pick from, I think we could have spent another whole day there and had just as much fun. I recommend this to other grandparents looking for a real treat for their grandkids. Its more manageable than the huge amusement parks, and its different, something they will always remember.

Reviewed 12 June 2008

I took my four granddaughters to Glenwood Springs for a weekend getaway. Glenwood Caverns is a beautiful natural wonder and the tour was extremely interesting and captivating. The tour guide provided lots of interesting facts about the history of the cavern. The Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park was lots of fun - the kids loved the alpine slide and other rides. They also went horseback riding and giggled their way through the mechanical bull ride. The tram ride up the mountain provided a gorgeous view. The staff were friendly, helpful and courteous. I would recommend this site to anyone who wants to experience beauty and fun all in one spot.