“This year's trip”

Sunlight Mountain Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunlight features 67 named trails covering over 470 acres. In addition to miles of cruising intermediate terrain, Sunlight's East Ridge has one of the steeper runs in the state. Aptly named, The Heathen falls beneath your feet at a breathtaking 52 degrees. Sunlight is home to one of the longest trails in ski country, Ute, a beginner slope that winds more than 2 miles from summit to base. Sunlight also hosts some of the best tree skiing in Colorado with many aspen groves untracked days after snowfall. All trails converge at the base lodge, so friends and family can always keep track of each other
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Spent 10 days at Sunlight this year (learned here in 1986 and have visited every year): 5 days at Christmas and 5 days this week. Snow was minimal at Christmas, but was skiable. We had snow every day I was here in February and I had to learn how to ski powder again!
Sunlight is great: friendly, caring, reasonably-priced, and great value. The grooming is excellent and you can get as much skiing or riding in a day as you can handle. I think it is well worth the effort to visit!

1  Thank Bob D
There are newer reviews for Sunlight Mountain Resort

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Great place to go and re-visit the past. Inexpensive lift tickets, great mountain maintenance. No crowds. Fun events. Perfect!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

Let's get the negative out the way first: those lifts are slow. If like me you're used to high speed chairlifts, be prepared to uplift at a much gentler pace than you've previously seen.

However the relaxed pace of the lifts is thankfully matched by the relaxed atmosphere at Sunlight - the staff are warm and friendly, there's zero attitude out on the slopes, and the selection of terrain is surprisingly decent given the size of the resort which pales in comparison to its big name neighbors. After being used to skiing at mega-resorts I expected to be bored with what Sunlight had to offer pretty quickly, but I thoroughly enjoyed each day up there. If you're after a short and bargain priced ski fix then I'd recommend you give it some serious consideration.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

You don't have to be an awesome skier, you don't need fancy gear and you don't need a suitcase full of money to enjoy skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing or snowmobiling in Colorado. Try my home town resort, instead, and visit the rest of Glenwood Springs while you're at it. You'll find reasonable prices and locals who will genuinely welcome you along with our famous hot springs pool and Adventure park in the "Funnest City" in the US.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

My husband and I are very novice snowshoers and have pretty much just experienced snowshoeing at nordic centers like Keystone or Frisco. This was the first time that we have attempted to snowshoe somewhere without groomed trails. Honestly, because we are city dwelling snow shoe beginners, I'm not going to dish the place, because we didn't have a clue what we were doing, but I will say, if you rent your snowshoes - do it downtown, not at the resort proper. The people at the resort were TOTALLY the sweetest individuals - that wasn't the problem, the problem was that you park down below then hike up three flights of stairs check out your equipment then lug it back down the stairs and put it in your car to drive to the trail head and do it all over again when your done. Much easier to just check it out at their downtown ski shop and go from there. As for the snowshoeing, I have to say that I am impressed that they even had snow on the trials. As we were driving to the resort, the hillsides and neighborhoods looked so dry - not a speck of moisture anywhere. We seriously considered turning around and just doing something else, but alas - the snowshoeing trials were in the shadow of the mountain so it was literally the only spot were there was enough snow. It was an inexpensive, fun activity.

1  Thank Tina H