“Best sushi deal in the valley” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taipei-Tokyo
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Sushi
Good for: Child-friendly
Aspen, Colorado
“Best sushi deal in the valley”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

We come exclusively for the two for one sushi nights every Monday and based upon these experiences, Taipei-Tokyo is fantastic. The way the offer works is that you order a sushi roll which comes accompanied by a twin for free. So if there is a roll you especially love, be prepared to have double the usual amount. This is perfect for sharing and usually just ordering two rolls is more then enough for two people since that amounts to four generous portioned rolls. There are at least six to eight peices per roll. The owner is friendly and often makes rounds about the restaurant, enquiring about one's satisfaction. On Monday nights, this is the best place to dine if you like sushi. A clean and tranquil environment.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank origamipapergrl

“Awesome sushi!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Unbelievably awesome sushi!!! Go on Monday night when it's two for one. It's a great value!!! The service is good and staff is friendly. I recommend it highly.

Trinidad, Colorado
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

If you are in Glenwood Springs, stop by Taipei Tokoyo for some sushi. They are located on Grand Avenue and have a really nice atmosphere. I really enjoyed the spicy tuna roll. If you make it in on the right night, they have two for one sushi rolls. They have a variety of menu items to choose from if you are not a sushi fan. Enjoy

Aspen Colorado
“They are not saying what happened to this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have eaten at this restaraunt many times over the years and it used to be very good, my recent experience however left a great deal to be desired. I went for the lunch buffet and it was severely lacking,almost all te trays were empty and they did not refill them. The soup was room temperature and it worried me when I tasted it. Has anyone here had food service management? When I complained about my lunch the manager basically just gave me a blank stare, took my money and did not respond. No explanation, no apology, just a blank stare. There are a lot of kids from Glenwood Springs HS that eat here, I hope nobody gets sick.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sedona, Arizona
“Much Better in 2012 than in 2010 ~ It was FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

It is often difficult to get good Japanese food while traveling in the West...you know, East of California I mean! So after spending time in remote regions of South Dakota and Wyoming on a recent trip, we were grateful to arrive in Glenwood Springs and eat sushi! I was a bit reluctant because I had eaten at this restaurant in 2010 and found it to be very average. Because we were so hungry for Japanese food, we decided to give it another try and were very pleased with the great improvement! Our lunch of sushi, miso soup, appetizers, and a nice helping of green tea ice cream was so good that we decided to go back the next day for dinner. We noticed Peking Duck on the menu and wondered if they could possibly compare to Chinatown in SFO or NYC, and the answer is YES they can! It was perfectly prepared complete with pancakes and excellent plum sauce. I noticed a few bad reviews before writing this one that apparently resulted from previous owners. Let me reassure you that we are very picky and discerning eaters and did not find one thing wrong with this restaurant. The wait staff is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere is pleasant, and the prices are reasonable. Believe me, I don't give a restaurant an "Excellent" review unless it is deserved. The more good Japanese restaurants that stay in business in the Wild West the better...I am sure the cattlemen will disagree....

• Visited July 2012