“Delicious! Great Gluten free options!”
Review of Fin's Grille and Raw Bar - CLOSED

Fin's Grille and Raw Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious! Great Gluten free options!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We walked around the area trying to decide where to eat and they had the best selection of seafood. Special was sirloin steak and snow crab legs. I'm lactose intolerant so I couldn't eat the mashed potatoes served with it, so they doubled the veggies and steamed them instead of sautéing them in butter. They also have a really good selection of gluten free options!

1 Thank Korena K

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Love this place”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

The service is great, the bar is well stocked and the food is very very good! Parking can be an issue, however a short walk and it's all good. I've tried a lot of things on the menu and it's always very good. (No raw food for me, so, I can't comment on the raw bar)
Restrooms could be bigger.
I shall return !

1 Thank Albyfli
Redstone, Colorado
“The taste of disappointment cannot be rinsed out!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I can't seem to get rid of the taste of disappointment in my mouth.
Delighted to be surprised on Valentine's day with a dinner reservation at a 'new-to-me' restaurant, I went with high hopes. The service was atrocious. When asked what came with the entrées, the answer was, "sides". DUH, "what sides?"! Course #1: It was difficult to find, much less taste the calamari under all the batter coating. Though the Ahi, was very yummy. Then, when the entrées were delayed in the kitchen, (understandable, as the restaurant was slammed), our waitress asked if we wanted more bread. We hadn't received bread in the first place, how could we want "more"? The worst is yet to come. Course #2: I had ordered a pasta dish with mixed seafood, when I was served the wrong thing, the scallops, the waitress seemed genuinely surprised that I wanted to get the entrée I had ordered, and I sent the scallops back. It was my interaction with the manager that has now stuck with me for over a week. When I told the manager, who was bar tending, of my disappointment, crushed that my Valentine's meal was a disaster, I was startled that he didn't take the initiative to make the experience better or more enjoyable. I didn't have an immediate response when he asked "what could he do"? I didn't think it was my role to suggest the obvious. In hindsight, I have a dozen responses, but being a seasoned veteran of the restaurant business I'm still shocked that he didn't take the initiative and buy us dessert, a drink, or comp the dinner entrée. Our romantic evening tainted, we left without dessert, with a bad taste in our mouths, and another justification for not going out for an overpriced romantic experience on Valentine's Day and to just stay home where the food & service is impeccable.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Wanderlust2007
Springfield, Illinois
“A disappointment because of unevenness”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My two grown sons and I stopped by after trying to find a restaurant on Saturday night without reservations here in Glenwood Springs (our bad). We stopped a three very very crowded restaurants before moving on to Fin's. (We didn't want to wait 1 hour for a table).

We should've gotten a clue when there were several tables open and no wait.

One son had the Sirloin Steak; was cooked to his liking, but the acconmpanying mashed potatoes were very plain. One son had the Shashimi, which was thin-sliced, raw tuna. Beautiful and delicious, but only about 2-3 tablespoons of serving (maybe 1-1.5 ounces total? For $9.

I ordered the half-pound peel-and-eat shrimp, and UGH! They were old and slimy. I ate two and that was it.

The home-made bread with clove garlic (roasted on the side) was the highlight of the meal.

Totally forgettable. Skip this restraurant...there are many others in Glenwood that are much better than this.

• Visited January 2014
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Fish specialities and then some”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Sit at the bar and order their mussels. they're served with a hot crusted bread for dipping. They also have oysters on the half shell , and a nice selection of fish, steaks , poultry. The bar is the social experience that's nice.

Visited October 2013