“a lot of history”
Review of Linwood Cemetery

More attraction details
Owner description: Burial place of gangster, gambler and dentist, Doc Holiday.
Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“a lot of history”
Reviewed 13 July 2006

My great grandfathers are buried there so every couple years we stop by and walk up the 1/4 mile or so trail to the graves including miners killed in area mines and Doc Holiday. It is a strenous walk straight up the hill and therefore those with medical conditions should be aware of that. There is also no water on top so you have to bring that with you.The Altitude will also affect your walk if you are not used to it. But I have found each grave tells a story .

6 Thank jesse58

A TripAdvisor Member
“Pretty fun!”
Reviewed 14 June 2002

We visited Linwood Cemetary in Glenwood Springs, CO in May, 2002. It is a 1/2 mile trek up the mountain so be prepared for a more rigorous walk.

The cemetary is spooky with iron fences around the unkempt graves.

It isn't known exactly where Doc Holliday is buried in the cemetary but there is a marker stating that he is buried "somewhere" in the cemetary. It also states that he died in bed.

We thought it was a fun jaunt. However, I wouldn't make my destination Glenwood Springs for just that reason. I would see it if I were in the area.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member