“Central to Wine Country and Aspen Area” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Glenwood Springs

Courtyard Glenwood Springs
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Littleton, Colorado
“Central to Wine Country and Aspen Area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

This was my 2nd trip to the Glenwood Springs area in 13 months. I chose to stay at the Courtyard because of 2 free nights I had received from Marriott. Glenwood Springs is 70 miles from the center of Colorado Wine country though a very easy and scenic drive. Glenwood Springs is also less than 50 miles from Aspen. This makes this hotel a very good location. The hotel seemed fairly new. I saw no evidence of age. The patio as shown on their website is nice but the website is a bit misleading in that there is a local road right below. The rooms were modern and nice size. The beds were very comfortable. I would stay here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor away from the elevator. The elevator was very slow.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank MG3002
CourtyardGMLaura, General Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear MG3002,

Thanks for the great review on TripAdvisor. I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Glenwood Springs. We are indeed a great midway point between wine country and Aspen, thanks so much for the feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

What a wonderful place to stay, the staff was helpful and had great knowledge of the area. The hotel is only a couple of years old, so very up to date and fresh. The view of the Colorado River and the Glenwood valley from the room is amazing. The fall colors were an added bonus.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arnot79
CourtyardGMLaura, General Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Dear Arnot79,

Im so glad you think our brand new hotel "Is a great place to stay." Thank you so much for sharing your review with others on TripAdvisor. Come back in the next few weeks as the leaves fall, colors get better and better everyday.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

This is the first time I have ever rated a courtyard below a 4. It is my favorite hotel chain so I am very disappointed. The rooms were very nice and clean but the hotel was extemely understaffed. We were on a deadline in the morning and tried to get breakfast before a long day and there was only one person working the cafeteria. It took way to long to get a premise breakfast sandwich and they didn't even remember to put the meat on. This was after giving a twenty percent tip as well. Others on the trip didn't even get to order breakfast

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardGMLaura, General Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Forbiddendonut9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with others on TripAdvisor. My personal apologies for your less than satisfactory experience in the Bistro. I would love to hear more about this and to discuss it in detail if you would like to call the hotel. I will share your comments with the entire Bistro staff and address accordingly. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Kalispell, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

NOISY THIS Hotel is beautiful but the air conditioners on "each" floor were so NOISY they made our beds vibrate. It honestly sounded like the California Zephyr was coming straight for our room all night long!!!!!! I will never stay here again..

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Katzby
CourtyardGMLaura, General Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear Katzby,

I am so very sorry for your unpleasant stay with us. Our engineer is looking into the a/c issue you mentioned right now. I would love to discuss your complaint further on the phone if you could call the hotel. We value your input and want to make any improvements we can for the next guests at our brand new hotel. Thank you for your feedback.
Denver, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is not the first time we have stayed at this hotel. It is very new, and "unused". We stay here because most of Glenwood Springs hotels are very old and outdated. The hotel does not have free breakfast, they do charge extra for double beds. But if u dont mind making ur ow bed, the couch is very comfortable (it unfolds into a full size). We did notice one thing: the cleaning staff takes a lot of shortcuts. Our carpets were not vaccumed. They only clean the "visible" things. The floors in halls are consistantly not vaccumed. (we have visited 3 times before) Even in the lobby, everything was dusted around things. Forget about getting any of the extras requested at time of booking (extra towels, pillows, room location). It is there in name only. Might as well grab it all at front desk at check in. The front desk staff service is hit and miss. Noone is rude, but Most of them are very disinterested and indifferent towards the guests. I wonder if they dont get paid very well?? We have never had great service. Good - maybe, more often then not I felt like we imposed?:).
Overall, nice new hotel. For me, I dont mind forgoing the service to sleep on new sheets!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Tanya G,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on our brand new hotel. Im glad you found our hotel Fresh and New. I will address the issues you mentioned with the entire staff, I appreciate your candor. I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Glenwood Springs.
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Pulled into the Courtyard by Marriott last night and they had a couple rooms left on the busy Labor day weekend. The front desk staff was helpful with checking in and we opted for a king suite since we were traveling with three kids. The pullout couch and roll-away bed in the sitting room where perfect for my two sons. The room was big with a bedroom and sitting room. It has two tvs and a small fridge and microwave. My only complaint would be that was the bed was a bit firm, especially whenever I've stayed at Courtyard's with super comfortable pillow tops. (though I might like a bed on the softer side) All in all a nice night. I'm sure we'll be back at some point in time.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardGMLaura, General Manager at Courtyard Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Dear Jvanzant2010,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on our beautiful hotel for others on TripAdvisor. Im glad you had a great stay and I hope we will be your #1 choice next time you are in Glenwood Springs. Thanks again.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my family for 2 days. It was one of the best hotels I have been to. The front desk staff was nice, friendly and very helpful with our needs. The room was spacious and very clean and the beds are comfortable. The nearly shopping center was convenient and has many restaurants... We would definitely come back to this hotel and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank yongtx
Dear Yongtx,

So glad to hear you had a great experience with us and you think it's one of the best hotels you've been to! Appreciate the feedback, thanks for choosing our brand new hotel.