“Awesome Experiece!”

and up
Glenwood Springs Half-Day Rafting Trip
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Glenwood Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater Rafting, LLC offers river rafting in the heart of Colorado on the Colorado River and Roaring Fork Rivers near Glenwood Springs, Aspen, Vail, and Grand Junction! We offer trips from mild class II to full day trips to our most popular Half Day Rafting trip on the Shoshone Rapids of the Colorado River. We are the largest rafting firm in the area, founded in 1974. AWARDS - Voted Locals Choice Best Rafting Firm 10 times including '13 & '14 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence '13 & '14 Home to Locals Choice Best Raft Guide Caleb Liston.
Bentonville
“Awesome Experiece!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Highly recommend this company. Professional and our guide Captain Qualia (Curt) was not only very informative but was safety conscious, he was able to ease some of the fear our first timers were experiencing. Had a great personality and treated us like family. If you are looking for a great river experience at an affordable price go with White Water Rafting.

“Great experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Guide was very educated and definatly helped make the trip fun. We found out later that you can take a cooler with beer in the raft. Wish that was posted somewhere on the website. Great time though!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Worth every penny.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We took our 7 and 10 yr old daughters on an adventure here in Glenwood, great views and excitement. Great guide and overall experience. The photo CD was great!

Columbus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Half day good for family trip”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to do rafting at last minute driving through town. Husband has always wanted to do this and the reviews seemed the place to go. I am a paranoid mom so my nerves got the best of me for my kids:) got a half day trip. The lady at desk reassured me it would be fine for kids. 9 and 10. The pre talk was good and funny. We got put in a raft with four other people. Two men and two older woman. Ten minute bus trip to drop off then quickly into rafts. Our girl guide was good until we hit the beginning rapids. I think we started off going the wrong way to which she yelled at us to paddle hard. I understand we have to paddle but not all of us are strong paddlers. Might have helped to have more better paddlers:) who knows? I think no one knew what to expect and the first wave hits hard and puts you into "wow". My boys held on instead of paddling and the women did as well. Before you knew it we hit a big rock and the guide was yelling at us on how it's our fault and we are the ones who did this. Come one I know it wasn't the way to go but we are not experienced rafters. She probably needed to scare us a little to make us paddle harder and she did apologize later. Other than that she was wonderful and very informative of area. Again I asked a lot of questions and constantly got on my kids to be safe so I probably annoyed her with that. She could have been worse:)
The rapids was enough for us beginners and would do it again now we know what to expect.
Loved the hot springs stop and beautiful view. Not boring for our family:)
Our guide was well trained and educated of area:) The other guides were funny and made the trip fun.
I highly recommend this place. Don't forget your sunscreen. So many people got fried!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Bob the rafting guide is the man!!!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

First time family rafting trip. Bob made our experience amazing in every regard. He gave us a world class rafting/safety, history and geology lesson. We felt completely safe and entertained/engaged rafting with our 4 kids and mother-in-law. He made Glenwood Springs become our favorite spot to vacation in all of Colorado! We are all still talking about how much fun we had. "Oh baby, baby, baby"!