“Tasty, Farm-to-Table Menu, Gluten-Free Friendly (and delicious), Urban Rustic”
Review of The Pullman

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Carlsbad, California
“Tasty, Farm-to-Table Menu, Gluten-Free Friendly (and delicious), Urban Rustic”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We got take-out from here while staying across the street at the Hotel Denver. The food was outstanding with a local, sustainable, fresh bent to the menu. Even better - the service was above and beyond (yes - for a takeout order!).

I ordered from the bar and the bartender was fantastic - not only was she informed on GF, she even went back to the kitchen to verify GF selections to be sure. And he kept my waters refilled while I waited and always checked in on me. All of he other staff were friendly as well - coming and going.

We started with the pickled deviled eggs - freaking awesome. I wish I'd ordered a dozen. Not only was the pickled deviled egg divine, the bacon and maple gastrique atop each one was to-die-for. I should qualify this with I love all things brined and pickled (not everyone does) as well as all things bacon. This was like heaven for me. (My husband liked them but wasn't as blown away as I was).

I had the salmon with smokey mashed potatoes and lemony green beans for my entree - all perfectly executed and delicious. The flavor profiles were spot on, an excellent dish.

My husband had the burger (also perfectly executed) and white cheddar fries - he really enjoyed the meal.

Even though we didn't eat there, I did sit at the bar waiting for our food and I loved the restaurants open kitchen and prep station, the urban rustic feel, and the use of innovative and natural materials throughout (from wine barrels as furniture to flasks for serving alcohol). It also has an outstanding view of the Colorado riverfront and mountains out the front windows.

Loved this joint! I'd definitely recommend and can't wait to actually done in next time.

1 Thank MyCuppaJo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Angelo, Texas
“Innovative, fresh and delicious food!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Creative bar menu, extensive local craft beer selection and wonderful service. The lamb bolognese with gnocchi melted in your mouth. Risotto made with sunflower seeds?! Amazing! They pressure cooked the sunflower seeds to give them the texture of risotto...mind blowing :)

Visited April 2014
1 Thank S S
Nederland, Colorado
“Average Food, Good Drinks”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were expecting great things from the reviews, but were disappointed. Food was only average, but drinks were good, nice variety.

• Visited September 2013
Mark F, Manager at The Pullman, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Mark,
I am glad that you enjoyed the drinks and sorry that the food was not able to live up to your expectations. Since you were here in September I am sure that our menu has changed a bit since you were in last and would love to see you back to give us another chance to succeed. Thank you for coming in. Happy eats! ~Nicky
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“A Bit Pricey but Outstanding”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The Pullman is perhaps the most well-known restaurant in Glenwood Springs and a regular eatery for the locals. The salads, charcoal broiled burgers, and menu items are cooked/made to perfection.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank araxas
alibry
“Easily rivaled Napa restaurants”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Every single thing that we ordered was to die for. Gnocchi salad, peirogi, rabbit and baby carrots, salmon with smoked mashed potatoes - every bite truly delicious. And the banana strawberry bread pudding - excellent. The meal easily rivaled any we've had in Napa and other world class resorts. I just loved the menu! Loved that they focus on locally grown and sustainable agriculture. And so reasonably priced for such a superb meal.

• Visited April 2014