“Great company, loved the raft trip!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Sky Adventures

Blue Sky Adventures
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Glenwood Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1975, Blue Sky has been offering professionally guided whitewater river trips on the Colorado and Roaring Fork Rivers. Conveniently located in downtown Glenwood Springs in the Historic Hotel Colorado and across the street from the famous Hot Springs Pool and Lodge, Blue Sky Adventures is dedicated to providing a whitewater experience that exceeds any of our guests' expectations. Dedicated to safety, service, professionalism and fun since 1975.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Houston, TX
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great company, loved the raft trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Blue Sky did a GREAT job accommodating our large group (3 adults and 5 children between ages 2-11). Four of us did the "adventure" section with the big rapids, then we pulled over and the rest of the group jumped in for the "mild" section of the trip. Haley (our guide) was great, advising us on when we could jump in to swim, giving some good background on the river and town, etc. Definitely one of the better rafting companies I've dealt with - highly recommend!

2 Thank zaskar2ben

Newport Beach, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great rafting trip with these guys. We had a large group, with 8 rafts, and all the guides were wonderful. They got us down safely, having an exciting, fun experience along the way. Even our 82 yr old grandma had fun! Our guide Patrick was very knowledgable about the area as well, and did a great job coaching us.

Midland, Canada
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Absolulety Fantastic- Perfect day on the Colorado River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Blue Sky
If you are in the Glenwood Springs area please go and check out Blue Sky Adventure Tours.
This is a trip of a life time- I promise you it will be an adventure to remember. The excursion is well planned and the guides are experienced, friendly and informative. We decided to do the large boat and then break off and kayak in a boat for two- There was a perfect balance between the rapids and the still water- it gave you time to look up at the splendour of the canyon- what a great way to experience the Colorado River. I had one of the best kayaking adventures in my life- I am going back as soon as possible. Will our guide was top notch and made the experience the best!!

Hints- a hat for sure, sunscreen, shoes with a heel - water and a waterproof camera- you are guaranteed to get wet- bring a change of clothes so that you don't have to take the trip back to the Headquarters soaking wet- on a cold day it can get very chilly!

Vermillion, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I teach Sport Marketing and constantly tell my grad students that repeat customers are your best form of advertising. This was my 6th trip with Blue Sky over the past 15 years and, as in the past, I had an awesome experience. Their office staff are welcoming, their guides proficient, their equipment top notch and did I mention the rapids?? Okay- so they don't have much control over the volume of water (ha!). Everything else was first class. I plan to keep returning for another 15 years!!!

Warrensburg, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Whitewater Rafting w/ Calvin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I recently had an awesome time rafting the Colorado River through Glenwood Canyon with Blue Sky Adventures. Our guide, Calvin, was outstanding! He made the experience very enjoyable...and safe...:) We had a blast. The photos from the trip (taken by Blue Sky) were CRAZY good and were some of the best from our vacation. Great memories!

1 Thank jjoyner01