“Always count on Holiday Inn Express!”

Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed the night and was very pleased with the service when we checked in. The morning service was great with breakfast. Great place to stay with very good service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
hixglenwoodgm, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

"N125JT": We all thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express in Glenwood Springs! We all feel that the "Check-In" experience at a Hotel is always the greatest first impression of where you are staying, so it is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with that experience as well as your stay up through breakfast the next morning. We hope your next return to Glenwood Springs will be here with us again at the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stay at Holiday Inn Express as often as possible on trips because my husband travels quite a bit and has racked up a lot of loyalty points. We love that the breakfast is included and how we can count on nice, clean rooms with newer linens and an affordable price. This location disappointed me.

A friend and I took our kids to Glenwood Springs during Spring Break. The staff was very nice, just like other reviews have stated. And, yes, Charlie greeted us and was very attentive / warm/ informative. Give that guy a raise because he represents the company well. The rooms were clean, albeit a little worn. The breakfast room is TINY and there wasn't enough room for us all to sit. I realize the hotel can only work with the space it has, but the breakfast room was really discouraging. Together, we had five young kids who were spread out all over the room, trying to eat breakfast with no table. Some sat on the fireplace hearth and used their laps as tables. We could barely walk around other guests / tables to get to the 'buffet' line. The napkins ran out, the trash was overflowing, the food items were sparce in some places. Worst of all, the trademark cinnamon rolls that we have come to love and the kids get very excited about were not available. I asked the breakfast server about the cinnamon rolls and she said they did not have any. I think corporate would frown on that!

Also, note that if you are traveling here in the winter/spring months, the pool for the hotel is located outside and may not be open during your stay. We were able to use the pool at the next door Hampton Inn on our arrival night so the kids could swim after the 3-hour drive. That was nice to have.

The location of the hotel is great, just off I-70 and within a short walk / drive to the Hot Springs pool.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KathleenJR

"KathleenJr": Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express for your stay. We are so sorry that your experience was a lot less pleasing and less comfortable than expected. We definitely appreciate your feedback so that we may improve these areas for other guests, including yourselves if you hopefully choose to stay with us again. Also, thank you for the kind comments about Charlie - he is definitely top of the line! We hope you choose to stay with our Hotel again.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We had a 3 night stay in March '12. The hotel is 1/2 mile from the Hot Springs Pool, so we could easily walk to the pool when we wanted and not deal with the crazy pool parking lot. All of the hotel staff - except one - was great. Charlie (the on-duty manager when we arrived) was very friendly and worked hard to resolve a TV issue in our room (it was resolved quickly). Breakfast is the typical fare for a Holiday Inn Express. One morning the breakfast attendant did a poor job of keeping items stocked and tables clean. The other mornings a different breakfast attendant was cheerful, hard-working and just flat out fantastic - a great ambassador for the brand. Small microwave and fridge came in handy. Separate sink and shower/toilet area makes it easier for 2 people to get ready at the same time. All-in-all we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Families - probably a max of 4 in a double queen room - no room for a 5th family member (small pack...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

"Tony B": We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. We apologize about your not-so-pleasant experience with one of the mornings of our breakfast, as well as one of our staff. However, we would like to thank you for your comments both about Charlie, who is always excellent, and the breakfast attendant you referred to as a great ambassador for the brand! This is what we definitely strive for. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your next visit here!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

Recently stayed at this Holiday Inn Express in Glenwood Springs, CO for a weekend getaway from Denver. Weather was great, room was nice, complimentary upgrade due to my husband being a Gold member - nice room with jacuzzi tub (didn't use it so can't comment on it). Once of my complaints about this hotel was the breakfast was cold. Cold white gravy (yuck), cold cinnamon rolls (which when warm are really good), sausage undercooked, even with each of these items being under hot lights. Unfortuantely no microwave to make them a bit warmer either. My husband walked into the hotel's prep room to find a microwave and to grab some utensils.

My next comment is in regard to housekeeping. Because we had our "Do Not Disturb" sign on Saturday morning (after 9am), they left us a note on the door saying they would not be back to clean up the room until the next day. Most hotels we've stayed in will come back and at least check another time. Is this normal for all Holiday Inn Express'? Lastly, the bed just wasn't that comfortable. Our friends said the same thing about their bed - tossed and turned all night. Front desk check-in was the best part of hotel- very hospitable check-in.

Room Tip: Good location to the Springs and downtown.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear BrightTravel,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Clean, affordable and comfortable hotel to stay in, at a small charming town of Glenwood Springs. If you do not want to stay in Aspen and pay the expensive prices, it’s a 30 min driving distance to Aspen Snowmass. Complimentary breakfast, internet, and parking. Available hot tub to relax in after a long day of skiing. Charlie, from the front desk, was very helpful in providing valuable information on the restaurants and local attractions.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
hixglenwoodgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

‘Ideal”

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express! Yes, Charlie is always a great help in directing our guests to the best restaurants and activities, so we appreciate your review. Glenwood Springs really seems to be a great central location for travelers who want the convenience of only traveling a short distance to the various ski areas around us, such as Aspen Snowmass. Once again thank you and we hope to see you on your next visit to the Western Slope!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I flew into Vail/Eagle and had the wonderful experience of driving through Glenwood canon on route to Glenwood Springs. I found this Holiday Inn Express to be a lot like Glenwood Springs charming, Hotel is located right next to the colorado river which roaring with snowmelt during my entire stay. I was traveling for work but ended up with almost a full day of free time and the staff had plenty of suggestions of activities, and places to eat. Rooms were clean, breakfast was standard holiday inn express food. Staff was excellent and the internet was quite zippy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
hixglenwoodgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

"Charming Town"

Thank you so much for your response! Yes Glenwood Springs is charming, and we feel our Holiday Inn Express fits in perfectly. We always appreciate comments and suggestions, and we hope next time you stay with us you will have even more free time to enjoy the area and our hotel.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We travel by car a great deal and usually stay at Holiday Inn's when we are on the road. We usually get a very clean and comfortable room for a great price, so I was expecting the same at this Holiday Inn Express.
My husband booked us a larger suite since we were traveling with our child. Check-in was perfectly fine and we went upstairs to our suite. It was very late, we were exhausted, and I just wanted to get our son to sleep as soon as possible. I know this is a 3-star property, but I have always found this chain's rooms to be exceptionally clean. We walked in and there was something stuck on the carpet. I think it was a granola bar, so I just picked it up and got my son ready for bed. He is 2-years-old and we had a long travel day, so I was grateful when he fell asleep. I wanted to take a shower and then go to sleep myself. The shower did not look clean at all. There was shampoo (I think?) dripping down the tub. I rinsed it off, but I was a bit perturbed, as this was the second thing I had found. Then I noticed the pen on the wall of the bathroom. Someone had written their name all over the walls with a blue pen. Yikes. I thought about moving rooms, but our son was asleep and I was exhausted.
The bed was clean and comfortable, so I was going to go to sleep. I turned the heat off in the room and that is when I heard a very loud noise. There was a large truck parked beneath our window with its generator on. Would not have been a big deal, but then I realized it was so loud because the window was broken and would not close completely. Looking back I should have packed our things and moved rooms, but again, it was very late and I did not want to move my son and all of our stuff. I turned the fan on and this made the truck noise less noticeable. We reported our experience, but I realize we should have done it the night before.
I felt like the linens were the only thing that had been cleaned in the room, which is odd for this particular chain. Not sure if I would stay at this particular hotel again when there are so many in this area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CTS80
hixglenwoodgm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

We apologize for an uncomfortable stay. We definitely strive to make our guest comfortable as well as happy, and this is definitely an unfortunate incident to hear about. We hope when you come through Glenwood Springs next time you will choose to stay with us again, so we can somehow make this up to you. Thank you very much for your review and honesty.