“Homestyle Cooking...You will ask for MORE!!”

Vic's Route 6 Grillhouse
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.postindependent.com/article/20110519/VALLEYNEWS/110519866
Colorado
“Homestyle Cooking...You will ask for MORE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have had the pleasure of dining here on a few occasions..one was for a large (25+) group and the service and food were both very good. Come hungry!

• Visited April 2013

“Shockingly bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I live close to Vics. We moved here recently. I was excited to have a "steakhouse" I could walk to. I went there with my wife. We got there and it was almost empty. The service wasn't good. We waited a long time to order. I ordered the ribeye. It was about 19 dollars. I figured it shoukd be pretty good for the price and calling themselves a steakhouse. When my steak came out it was Grey. I ordered it medium rare. Grey meat is never a good thing. (Now up until this point I wasn't really that annoyed. It was just blah service. Not good but not so bad that it was going to ruin my night)
So I start to eat my steak and it doesn't taste good. It didn't really have much of a taste at all. It looked and tasted like it was cooked or reheated in a microwave. Now I can't get the waiter back. I finally get the waiter after 10 minutes or so. I tell him that the steak isn't good. He looks at me like he doesn't know what to do. He asks me what I wanted them to do. I said I don't know. If you went somewhere to eat and it wasn't good what would you want them to do? So he took the steak to the back and I don't see anybody fora little while. Then the owner comes out with my steak again. This is like another 15 or 20 minutes later. They had taken my original steak and tried cooking it some more and seasoning it. They come out and are trying to get me to eat it. I even tried it and it was obviously not better. The owner said well what do you want me to do. I said I don't know. I don't want to eat it. He took it and offered me pie. I told him that I was not hungry after waiting and eating that. I assumed that he would be taking off the steak that wasn't good and I didn't eat it. I was wrong. He charged me. I complained to the waiter and he said well you did eat some of it. Now I was mad. I have been to places when something wasn't light. The good ones always work really hard to make it right. This was not one of them. I have always returned to the places that appreciated my business. This is not one of them. I will not be going back. I talked to my friends that have been there and they said they had lousy experiences too. If you are a local I would suggest going down the street to better options. If you are a tourist don't let this cheesy place spoil your vacation. And don't trust the other reviews. He puts them on himself.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Mcflattty
San Jose, California
“Way beyond a grillhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I can hardly say enough about what a total pleasure this eating experience was. The soups at the salad bar were gourmet. Portions large and freshly prepared. Everything was good including our shared desert. We met the chef, an 18 yr old wonder. We bonded with the friendly staff. The place is fun to wander around and see the collectibles while you wait for your food. It was nearby our hotel in West Glenwood. Even though we got into town too late too sightsee, it felt like an event just to dine here.

• Visited September 2013
Arvada
“Best food in Glenwood Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

This was our second visit to Vic's, the food is fantastic. We had the Pork Chop's, Salad Bar, Mashed Potatoes, and Mac & Cheese. Nothing here is processed, it is all freshly prepared, the Pork Chops are the best I have ever had anywhere in the World! The mashed potatoes were like my Mom make and the Mac & Cheese nearly had more cheese that mac, good stuff.

The service was excellent, we were greeted by Vic as soon as we entered, seated, ordered drinks, got our Salad(the Pork Soup was awesome by the way), then received our main course just after finishing our salads. Everything was timed well and the food was hot.

If you are passing through on I-70, or staying in Glenwood you should make at least one visit to this restaurant, if not more than one, it's worth it.

Visited October 2013
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Loved It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Everyone in our party ordered something different -- and everyone loved their meal! The salad bar was fresh and had the local-favorite Basil Vinaigrette. I really enjoyed the French onion soup as well.
Unlike a the restaurants downtown Glenwood, we didn't feel cramped or like a special accommodation had to be made for a group of our size.

• Visited October 2013