“Goulash was practically Meatless, Noodles undercooked”

Vic's Route 6 Grillhouse
Cuisines: American
Description: http://www.postindependent.com/article/20110519/VALLEYNEWS/110519866
Intervale, NH
“Goulash was practically Meatless, Noodles undercooked”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I ordered the goulash based on others reviews, it did come with salad bar and soup but there was very little meat and what there was, was about the size of a thumbnail. The noodles (spaetzle) were badly undercooked and crisp as if they had been fried, not a good thing. My husband ordered a draft beer which they ran out of. His meal the meatloaf was ok but nothing special. The rolls must have been nuked as they were hard as a rock. The atmosphere was eclectic but we were hungry after a full day on the road in a moving truck so were hoping for better.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MeaganLeigh

Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

First let me say the service here was excellent. The atmosphere is fun with all types of antiques lining the walls and lots of fun to wander around and look at everything. Though small, the salad bar and soups were really good. Between the 2 of us, our meals were totally different. The steak was pretty good, cooked to order and well seasoned. The shrimp linguine was made with a tomato based sauce that I wasn't expecting and the shrimp was over cooked and tough. Thought the price of the meals were a high for what you got.

• Visited February 2014
Colorado
“Homestyle Cooking...You will ask for MORE!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have had the pleasure of dining here on a few occasions..one was for a large (25+) group and the service and food were both very good. Come hungry!

• Visited April 2013
“Shockingly bad”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I live close to Vics. We moved here recently. I was excited to have a "steakhouse" I could walk to. I went there with my wife. We got there and it was almost empty. The service wasn't good. We waited a long time to order. I ordered the ribeye. It was about 19 dollars. I figured it shoukd be pretty good for the price and calling themselves a steakhouse. When my steak came out it was Grey. I ordered it medium rare. Grey meat is never a good thing. (Now up until this point I wasn't really that annoyed. It was just blah service. Not good but not so bad that it was going to ruin my night)
So I start to eat my steak and it doesn't taste good. It didn't really have much of a taste at all. It looked and tasted like it was cooked or reheated in a microwave. Now I can't get the waiter back. I finally get the waiter after 10 minutes or so. I tell him that the steak isn't good. He looks at me like he doesn't know what to do. He asks me what I wanted them to do. I said I don't know. If you went somewhere to eat and it wasn't good what would you want them to do? So he took the steak to the back and I don't see anybody fora little while. Then the owner comes out with my steak again. This is like another 15 or 20 minutes later. They had taken my original steak and tried cooking it some more and seasoning it. They come out and are trying to get me to eat it. I even tried it and it was obviously not better. The owner said well what do you want me to do. I said I don't know. I don't want to eat it. He took it and offered me pie. I told him that I was not hungry after waiting and eating that. I assumed that he would be taking off the steak that wasn't good and I didn't eat it. I was wrong. He charged me. I complained to the waiter and he said well you did eat some of it. Now I was mad. I have been to places when something wasn't light. The good ones always work really hard to make it right. This was not one of them. I have always returned to the places that appreciated my business. This is not one of them. I will not be going back. I talked to my friends that have been there and they said they had lousy experiences too. If you are a local I would suggest going down the street to better options. If you are a tourist don't let this cheesy place spoil your vacation. And don't trust the other reviews. He puts them on himself.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Mcflattty
San Jose, California
“Way beyond a grillhouse”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I can hardly say enough about what a total pleasure this eating experience was. The soups at the salad bar were gourmet. Portions large and freshly prepared. Everything was good including our shared desert. We met the chef, an 18 yr old wonder. We bonded with the friendly staff. The place is fun to wander around and see the collectibles while you wait for your food. It was nearby our hotel in West Glenwood. Even though we got into town too late too sightsee, it felt like an event just to dine here.

• Visited September 2013