“GREAT FOOD!!! TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!”
Review of The Grand Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Grand Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 April 2012

We liked the food!!! The service will bring this place down if they do not get it together. You can tell its all off right when you walk in. We will not be back.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Clam chouder wad good. But microwaved bread, tastless canned green beans, frozen chicken. Mango ginger ck sounds good, but wasn't. I hope they can fix a few things or they're going under. What's with the nasty flowers around the napkins?

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My boyfriend and I went to The Grand for a nice dinner together. I work at a local hotel and thought I'd try this place out to see if I could recommend it to my guests as a good dinner spot. I will NEVER recommend this place to any of my guests...it would be irresponsible of me to do the food was so bad! I ordered the pork medallions with risotto and "fresh" green beans as a side. When the pork was brought out it was so drenched in gravy that I could hardly cut the pork without getting gravy everywhere! The portion size was overwhelming and did not look appetizing at all. I cut into the first slice of pork and the middle was RAW. Not undercooked, RAW. You could tell that the pork had been frozen and in their hurry to get it to me couldn't even be bothered to check the temperature inside the meat. If I had not been paying attention that could have made me seriously ill! The risotto was so mushy and bland. Oh, and those "fresh" green beans? They were CANNED and had absolutely no flavor...they did nothing to hide the fact that they had opened a can of green beans and dumped it on my plate. I couldn't even finish my meal...I took it to go (to be nice to the poor waiter who was so anxious to please) but dumped it in the trash as soon as I was out the door. Let me reiterate...I will never recommend any of my guests from my hotel to go to The Grand. I'm sorry but I have a responsibility to send them somewhere that doesn't serve raw meat.

1  Thank kturner24
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The grand in a magnificent restraunt! The food and service is outstanding. Not only is it made to order but it was the best meal I had while in glenwood. A wonderful place to relax and enjoy a great environment. While I was there, there was a live band which made the whole experience over the top amazing. I hope anyone who is in glenwood would visit and enjoy!!!!! You won't leave hungry or dissatisfied.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Went to The Grand for dinner with a view buddy's and some lady friends, Portions where HUGE, I don't think it's possible to walk out of there still hungry...... Pretty reasonable to! Will be back