“Excellent service, good food”
Review of The Grand Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Grand Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Friends and I had dinner at The Grand the other night. Excellent service by our waitress. All three of us very much enjoyed our food. For $7.95 I had the largest Caesar salad I have ever seen, it was literally served on a turkey platter. The croutons were to die for! My friends had a cheeseburger and the Parmesan porkchops and were well pleased with thier meals. I have recommended The Grand to several other friends in the past few days.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I am a Glenwood Springs local and had heard mixed reviews, from decent, to don't even bother. Since it is a nice downtown location that I hadn't visited previously I still had to visit. My lunch was not bad. I played it safe and got the turkey sandwich on a croissant. I also ordered a Bloody Mary and it was nothing short of great. The atmosphere was a bit odd, and my party were the only patrons in the building during our service. They have these crazy grandma napkin rings that look like they belong on a decorative sword in Lord of the Rings, we literally filled up the empty seats tabletop space with napkin binders to get some room on the table. Lunch prices border on the absurd, who wants to pay $15 for a French Dip Sandwich? We weren't impressed, but if you want a quiet bar to grab a Bloody Mary over lunch, try it out.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We liked the food!!! The service will bring this place down if they do not get it together. You can tell its all off right when you walk in. We will not be back.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Clam chouder wad good. But microwaved bread, tastless canned green beans, frozen chicken. Mango ginger ck sounds good, but wasn't. I hope they can fix a few things or they're going under. What's with the nasty flowers around the napkins?

Reviewed 8 April 2012

My boyfriend and I went to The Grand for a nice dinner together. I work at a local hotel and thought I'd try this place out to see if I could recommend it to my guests as a good dinner spot. I will NEVER recommend this place to any of my guests...it would be irresponsible of me to do the food was so bad! I ordered the pork medallions with risotto and "fresh" green beans as a side. When the pork was brought out it was so drenched in gravy that I could hardly cut the pork without getting gravy everywhere! The portion size was overwhelming and did not look appetizing at all. I cut into the first slice of pork and the middle was RAW. Not undercooked, RAW. You could tell that the pork had been frozen and in their hurry to get it to me couldn't even be bothered to check the temperature inside the meat. If I had not been paying attention that could have made me seriously ill! The risotto was so mushy and bland. Oh, and those "fresh" green beans? They were CANNED and had absolutely no flavor...they did nothing to hide the fact that they had opened a can of green beans and dumped it on my plate. I couldn't even finish my meal...I took it to go (to be nice to the poor waiter who was so anxious to please) but dumped it in the trash as soon as I was out the door. Let me reiterate...I will never recommend any of my guests from my hotel to go to The Grand. I'm sorry but I have a responsibility to send them somewhere that doesn't serve raw meat.

1  Thank kturner24