“Great base for exploring”
Review of Red Mountain Inn

Red Mountain Inn
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed for week and had the best time. Rooms simple but clean and everything worked. Maid service and fresh towels every day.

Pool and hot tub all clean and tidy.

Breakfast is a simple affair, muffins fruit and coffee and juice, but the coffee was excellent. Enough for start to the day.

Staff (and other guests) all really friendly.

Just wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Rooms away from road are probably best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Mountain Inn

Reviewed 22 August 2012

There is nothing bad I can say of this place where I stayed one night. All in all I would recommend it. However when I first asked for a price for a double I was proposed some 112 US$ which I thought woudl be too expensive for this place. Upon my questioning the manager started bargaining until I got the room for US$ 80 plus taxes. To be honest I had never experienced to bargain in the US for a room but there is always a first time!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sitarman
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We had the opportunity to have still another stay at this great little motel. As usual the staff was awaiting our visit with a warm welcome, friendly service and great rates. It's great to be remembered and greeted by name after 5 months between visits. Pool, hot tub and room were all very clean, comfy and temperature controlled to "just right" level. Continental breakfast was just enough to get us going in the morning. To tired to drive anywhere after a long road trip but the bus stops right in front of the Inn and there were ample places to go within walking distance. I've previously received much less and paid much more for lodging elsewhere in Glenwood Springs, this is definitely the best value I've found in town both for Summer & Winter! Looking forward to another return!

Room Tip: Multiple options for various sizes of parties which also include full kitchens.. Call ahead for adv...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Billy H
Reviewed 17 July 2012

When I went here this past month I was surprisingly impressed. The area is beautiful and the staff are o’ so friendly!!! The rooms were simple (not extravagant) but it is what I expected to pay for. The pool was gorgeous and a live saver during the heat. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and I will definitely book a room at the Red Mountain Inn when I head back to Glen Wood Springs again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We found the Inn's receptionist and manager to be very accommodating. They were very understanding of our personal needs and went out of their way to help us out. Applause go out to to these two ladies.

Nice grassy area with picnic tables and grills.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I give the red mountain in a 3 because it could use a little love inside the rooms. The price was nice and affordable.
We stayed in one of the cabins and were pleased that it provided us what we needed for a great girls weekend! It was clean, had a kitchen, little back patio and little front patio. It felt very cozy with the surroundings.
I was surprised due to some of the reviews of how pleased we all were! Great times in Glenwood. Also recomment Valley Taxi service, great prices and friendly!!!

Room Tip: The cabins are nice for a weekend stay, you can make your stay more affordable by bringing food and...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We were moving to Glenwood Springs and needed a place to stay where we could keep our dog with us until our furniture arrived. What a find!! We had a lovely little efficiency cabin with a full kitchen at a very, very reasonable daily rate. The staff was lovely and as friendly as could be. The pet area was immaculate. The housekeeping was fantastic. Yes, the facilities are older, but so clean and "feel good" that, unless you need "fancy", you'll love your stay. Beautiful location with staggering views of the mountains. An absolute pleasure!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family