“Clean, pet friendly & amazing sunsets!”
Review of Red Mountain Inn

Red Mountain Inn
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Clean, pet friendly & amazing sunsets!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My boyfriend and I were new to town, had jobs starting, but had a month before our lease started in town. We searched the internet and liked the look of this place immediately from their website. With two dogs we thought it would be impossible to find somewhere to stay for a whole month but wow were we impressed! Art and his staff were so accomidating to our situation! They allowed us a full months stay, with our two dogs, in our OWN cabin at the top of the hill. My boyfriend and I totally lucked out.
The cabin was clean, we had our own air conditioning unit. The staff even came and cleaned our place once a week and they worked around our schedules for the cleaning! Not to mention the view from our place was wonderful, every night there was beautiful sunsets on the Red Mountain across the road.
I am so happy we stumbled upon this place when we did - it was a wonderful greeting to become locals in Glenwood Springs. I would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: There are seperate cabins with little kitchens - I would definately recommend one of these rooms!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CourtWhee1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The service was outstanding. The employees were very friendly and helpful. The cabin/room that we were in was perfect for relaxing, and had a nice front area for sitting and relaxing in the nice cool summer evening. The views are spectacular. Great dining really close. A short drive to the Springs Pool, and really close to a great white water rafting outfitter. I can definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay. The people staying at the hotel are friendly, and it sort of becomes a neighborhood while you are there. Its really cool! The Wi fi was a little weak.

Room Tip: Up the hill is a bit better for views, I think
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank M
Denver
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Wonderful stay again! We will always stay here and can't wait to return! Staff is always friendly, welcoming and helpful! We stayed in 127, cottage Didn't think I cared about a kitchen much, but it was so nice to have and we saved on eating out! Awesome view off our back porch of the gorgeous mini golf/waterfall next door! Kids love the pool and hot tub area. Great burger joint and mini golf on either side. We hope to go back in the winter!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It had to be 100 degrees in this room when we arrived - apparently, in the dead of summer in a mountain resort town they didn't anticipate the near capacity crowd and had not prepared. I sat outside on the small porch waiting for the room to cool and after half an hour went in and stood under a COLD shower over my entire body attempting to cool off while I waited for the inadequate room unit to work.

The carpet is filthy, I sure wouldn't walk barefoot on it. The bed smells musty and old - has no support - that bouncy, creaky feel of very old hotel mattresses. I shuddered at the thought of what might be lurking there. Thank God I brought a pillow of my own. Then something bit me on the leg that itched like fury.

I should have left for the Hampton immediately, but I had to undress for the shower and felt too ill to pack back up and leave. What misery.

I am writing this review as I sit here in complete discomfort; I feel ill. Happy freaking birthday to me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna F
El Cajon, California
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The manager and wife was very kind and polite. I have been to many inns and motels during my trip around the west US. And by far, this place is currently my favorite! Thank you for the wonderful experience here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DavidD0092014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I was in Glenwood springs on business in a company supplied room. My stay was eight weeks in duration and challenging. The room was very clean, comfortable and although the furnishings are not new, a little on the worn side. it was very accommodating. I always have trouble with my back and beds at motels, no Problem here. Also, there no smoking rooms are actually no smoking rooms. Please don't misunderstand, you will find nicer rooms for twice the price. If i have not lost you yet, read on.
I had a cabin with full kitchen. I have a food allergy so I cook from scratch. If my cabin lacked something I needed, I picked up the phone and received it, During the my stay I had my dog with me, They were very understanding of my dogs needs and even went out of their way for my dog.,which brings me to my last point. All the money in the world will not buy you good service. I have stayed in many places in my time and these folks get my highest rating in the service dept. Although the is no formal concierge service(They don't need one) there is nothing these folks wont do to make your stay more comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank donald M
Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at the Red Mountain Inn in West Glenwood Springs because the price was right and they are pet friendly. There is a pool and hot tub, but we spent most of our time in the Hot Springs Pool about one whole mile to the east. The Inn has an area for the pets as well as barbecues for picknicking, the room was clean and modern with a mini fridge and microwave. The staff was great and our stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple