“The Worst Service I Have Ever Had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Chomps Deli

Chomps Deli
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: They serve sandwiches, homemade soups and salads
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“The Worst Service I Have Ever Had!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have always liked Chops sandwiches, they are delicious and usually choose them over any other sub in town. Recently, the customer service has been down right terrible. My husband and I decided to order in Chomps for dinner last night. We were having car problems so it was very convenient that they deliver. I called at 6:30 and placed our order. The young woman who took my order was clearly new so I didn't hassle her about reading my card number and experation date out loud. She said it would be 20-30 minutes which I assumed was plenty of time to make 2 sandwiches and drive to our near-by apartment. At 7:20 I called them to make sure our order had been placed correctly as it had been almost an hour since I had made it. The young man who answered the phone told me that the order had been delivered and the delivery person was back already. I was shocked to hear this because my stomach was still quite empty. I told him our dinner had absolutely not been delivered and he agrued with me about it! His logic was that the delivery person didn't have them so I MUST have received them. After cussing in my ear and audibly asked around, he told me "she must have gone to the wrong apartment." I was and am still surprised to hear that some random people that weren't expecting a delivery took the sandwiches with no question at all. I was frustrated by this point and told him that was unacceptable. He continued to tell me this was not their error. I interrupted him and asked if he was implying that it was our fault, he said "Its not your fault but it isn't ours either." I couldn't beleive this guy was arguing with me about this! He took my order again and said it would be about 20 minutes and that if there was not unit 1 at our address, they wouldn't be deliverig it. After 35 minutes I called again to see if our order had even left. If it hadn't I was going to have them refund my card and call it a night. The same young man answered and told me it had just left. I told him this was ridiculous and that I was appalled that he hadn't offered to refund us after all that trouble. Any other company would do that. He reluctantly said he would refund me and nearly hung up before I chimed in asking if he need the card number to do that again. After hanging up at 8:05 we decided to not hold our breath any longer and walked to KFC to get food. They had FINALLY showed up as we were walking up to the drive way. That will be the last time I ever order from Chomps again.

• Visited July 2014

“Not good very expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was not good. The bread was hard. They heated the sandwiches but not were does it say it's going to be hot. I didn't even eat the whole sandwich because it just didn't taste right and after we left it made my husband sick. I wouldn't eat here if you want a good sandwich. Surely not going to find it.

Visited May 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
“Unusual little deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

While on vacation in Glenwood Springs we wanted something quick for a "take-out" lunch. We found Chomps and glad we did. It is a small but packed with great subs. There is a park near Chomps on the river with picnic tables and shade. Great area to watch the "rafters" in the river. Try the Italian sub for a delicious treat.

• Visited June 2014
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“Best subs in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Not the best location but definitely the best subs in Glenwood Springs! I also like that they have three different sizes to choose from. Go big!

Visited June 2014
“You've never had a sandwich until you've had a Chomps sandwich!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Little building,yet great food! I would recommend this deli any day!! Came here for lunch and didn't want to leave!!

• Visited June 2014