“Bummer, so much potential”

Vicco's Charcoalburger Drive-In
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Description: Great Burgers Cooked To Order
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place was once awesome. My experiences in 2012 and 2013 were in decline and I no longer visit even though I can walk here. Other reviews sighting long and inconsistent wait times, varied quality of food are correct.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Being raised in the valley I can honestly say charcoal burger has by far the BEST burger. And they have CHEESE CURDS!! We don't see very many none chain drive thru's anymore. I absolutely love this one!! There is a wait and kinda pricey but if I have to pay 10 bucks a burger I will come here every time. Milkshakes and fries are amazing too!

1  Thank S M
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Great atmosphere and food! Waitstaff very professional and friendly! My husband is a John Wayne fan and we even had a 6-foot replica of him next to our table! Also, one of Marilyn Monroe. I thought we were on Route 66! Will return again!

1  Thank Mimmi71
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I stumbled on Vicco's five years ago while on a road trip to SoCal. It is on a frontage road just off I-70 about 2 miles from the first intersection in Glenwood Springs. What it doesn't have in curb appeal it makes up significantly in cheeseburger excellence. The place has been around for 60 years and, by the long line (5 - 8 vehicles) waiting to order, it is obviously still popular. Like 843lovetotravel "Don't come hungry!" reviewed, be prepared to wait. In four visits over four different road trips, each time my wife and I waited 15 - 20 minutes...HOWEVER...THE WAIT IS WORTH EVERY MINUTE. The cheeseburgers are prepared to order, very large/thick, very juicy and come out hot. If we had to ding Vicco's, the fries are a bit limp, so we've learned to order them extra crispy. If you like milkshakes, theirs are quite tasty. Burgers come as singles, doubles or triples and you can get beef, bison or ground turkey. You can add cheese, bacon, avocado, pork green chili, jalapenos or hot green salsa. If you grew up going to drive in diners, Vicco's with take you back in time.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Been eating here since I was a kid. It has changed owner ship a few times but was always good until lately. The food is descent but the service is not good at all. A bunch of kids that are not interested in good service. I sat In The drive through line for 15 minutes before I left. I saw atleast 3 groups of people oreder in front of me at the walk up window. We always anticipate waiting for the food , but this was ridiculous. I'm not basing my rating off this particular visit , but as this has happened numerous times. And the cooks need to wear gloves when preparing food in front of the public. So gross! Dang Vicco can't you find good people to work for you that atleast take a little pride in themselves! Sorry, but true