“Highly disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spa of the Rockies

Spa of the Rockies
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Drawing inspiration from the rich, thermal mineral waters of the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool, the Spa of the Rockies features a group of mineral-based treatments that promote wellness and vitality. Thirty-four essential minerals are incorporated into certain signature hydrotherapy bath treatments, body polishes, body masks, massages, manicures and pedicures.The spa has eight treatment rooms including facial rooms and couples' suites as well as one specialized hydrotherapy treatment room for Vichy shower treatments. Other features include five hydrotherapy tubs for mineral baths and herbal soaks, two manicure stations and two pedicure thrones. Guests can enjoy a pre or post treatment steam in the locker room, as well as relax in the Serenity Room, a co-ed relaxation suite where soundproof windows give views of the pool without the noise.
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highly disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Firstly, the facilities are gorgeous and the staff was all very polite. That said, I was very disappointed with my treatments at this spa. My husband and I spent $500, $600 with tips, combined on multiple treatments. We started out with the foot ritual before our massages, which could have been very cool. It was for my husband. For me, the therapist had no interest in really rubbing and getting into my feet and calves so it was a throw away waste of time.
My husband was also very happy with his Kneipp massage and I am left jealous. When you pay a premium for a 90 minute deep tissue massage, which I did, you need to get a deep tissue massage. I am a trained massage therapist since 2002 and this was, by far, the worst deep tissue I have ever received. It was a Swedish massage, with a little extra pressure when she happened to think of it, which wasn't often. I told her of specific areas to work on due my chronic migraines and the fact that we had hiked to the hanging lake the day before and it didn't matter at all. She went through her "routine" and that was that. Foot massage was ignored entirely, as was face. If you are going to ignore both what I paid you for and what I asked you for, then you should at least give me a FULL Swedish. She was a very sweet girl but there is no way that I would ever return to this place for $180 of frustration.
My husband followed his massage with a sport pedicure. He told the pedicurist that he had a spa pedicure the month before and she took this as license to work on him very quickly and superficially and his 45 minute pedi was under 30 minutes. LAME.
My 90 minute aromatherapy facial was late. As in, it was 15 minutes after time when the receptionist (Who was very nice.) told me that the aesthetician was running late. We started over 30 minutes late and there was no apology from the aesthetician. I was supposed to get a second foot ritual. Was actually asked if I wanted two and told them yes. It was skipped. My facial was to have hand/arm and foot massage included. The feet were entirely skipped...again. I asked for nothing with tea tree oil because it increases my migraines and the room literally started spinning 10 minutes into the treatment. Come to find out AT THE END that she was using new products and didn't know the ingredients and that one mask did have tea tree in it. Suffice it to say, I drove from Glenwood Springs to Denver with a migraine the whole way. Will NEVER EVER return to this spa. We spent more on this than we did for accomodations and it was not even remotely worth it.

Visited June 2014
8 Thank dthompsonada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Albuquerque, New Mexico
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Pedi and Ginger Renewal at the Spa of the Rockies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

During our visit to Glenwood Springs pool for the day, we both enjoyed a couple nice treatments at the Spa of the Rockies. I have been to many spas through the years, including those at hot springs and related resorts and this one was very nice. I chose to have a nice Zents pedicure and a Ginger Therapy treatment.

The spa is nicely decorated and the staff there are friendly and helpful. You will be asked to fill out a medical questionnaire so they know about any medical history they may need to discuss with you as part of your care while you are there. They have a nice locker room, showers, sitting area while you wait for your treatment. The treatment rooms are located on two levels, and an elevator will get you to the second floor comfortably.

The pedicure was very nicely done and featured the Zents products which have delicious aromatherapy options. You can pick 1-2 of those for your treatment that includes the traditional foot care, as well as a scrub, foot massage and lotion at the end.

My second treatment was a package treatment called Ginger Therapy which featured a dry brushing, scrub, and oils with ginger infused products. Some massage on the back with hot stone as well. A hot oil hair treatment, some foot massage and you come away feeling fabulous! I was also given a looffa, some ginger oil and scrub to take with me.

A couple nice surprises that came with my ginger treatment I missed when booking this. You also get a Signature Foot Ritual included as part of any 90 min treatment. This includes a 15 min foot bath, scrub and balm with some delicious products. I also found out when I got there my admission to the springs was included with this treatment. This is a more expensive treatment, but I will say I considered it quite a deal in the end with all the great things I received!

They have a room filled with high quality products for your purchase and staff to help you find the right items you may have enjoyed during your treatment. They seem to take walk ins with folks looking for services, and were also able to add on a treatment for the friend with me, but do suggest you book a week in advance if you know you are going to be there to get the right treatment at the right time.

I enjoyed my time at the Spa of the Rockies and look forward to visiting again in the future!

Visited June 2014
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Fabulous spa day in the Rockies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I visited your spa over the Christmas holiday and had an extraordinary experience; I received a very relaxing, yet rejuvenating hydro-facial treatment and a pedicure that ended with a polish color I had always avoided wearing in the past. Loved it!!!
What a wonderful afternoon I had at the Spa of the Rockies. I can't wait to go back!
Be well,
Nikki Richards
Castle Rock, CO

Visited December 2013
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Spa Of The Rockies Is Spectacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Beautiful locker rooms with steam rooms, hot springs pool sitting nestled among the beautiful Rockies, excellent service, long list of treatments, high quality products. If you get a massage ask for Mike. He's a healer. Plenty of parking. Very relaxing atmosphere.

Visited July 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very relaxing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We had the August special which consisted of a mineral bath,facial and massage. Beautiful facilities,great service and very relaxing! I didn't want to leave!

Visited August 2013