“Clean, comfortable, and affordable motel”

Glenwood Springs Inn
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 25 September 2013

There were four of us on a road trip heading west through Colorado and Utah and we knew ahead of time we would get as far as Glenwood Springs our first day after flying to Denver. I did a search on the internet and on Trip Advisor and found the Motor Inn. It looked to be exactly what we wanted and it turned out to be too. With four in the room is was a tad crowded but clean and good enough. The room had the normal mom and pop type amenities including a breakfast. But the best thing about the place was the very accommodating owner who turned out to be the owner's son. We enjoyed visiting with him.
The Inn is on the north side (turn right if on I-70 heading west) of Glenwood Springs while most of the city is on the south side. However, there are a few other motels, restaurants, shops, and a gas station in the same area as the Motor Inn. You can also walk to the hot springs pool, Amtrak, and the downtown if you want to leave the car at the Inn.
A wonderful surprise was driving through the Glenwood Canyon right on I-70 just before reaching the city. I-70 must be the most beautiful of all our country's interstate highways.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank unclelouie

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My fiance, Cuddle Bear, and I just love the Glenwood Motor Inn! We have tried four hotels in the area, including what we thought was going to be the swankiest place in town. Nothing was quite right until we tried the Glenwood Motor Inn.

The family who owns this motel cares about the property and constantly does upgrades and takes pride in the work. We like the set-up and cleanliness of the rooms and the service is friendly and accommodating. It is very reasonably priced, convenient and close to everything, including a tasty cafe in the same parking lot.

Honestly, we are picky - and we love it there! We look forward to staying there every time we go, and would change our dates if all rooms were booked. It's that good! So thank you, owners and staff, for your great work - in this day and age it is a pleasant surprise.

Sincerely, Bebe Doll

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife and I stayed one night here in September 2013. The Glenwood Motor Inn is clean and reasonably priced, plus it is within walking distance of the hot springs, downtown, and the Amtrak station. We will probably be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chasclifton
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Excellent!!!! Glenwood Motor Inn staff is very friendly and polite and always willing to recomand the great places to see in Glenwood. The room was very clean and you could smell the fabric softner on the fresh sheets and blankets. The bathroom was sparkling clean. The room had planty of room for the family of four, beds were comfortable and furniture looked new. The location was very easy to find and not far from the highway and near to all the attractions in Glenwood Springs, you can walk to the Gleanwood Hot Springs. Highly recommanded and a great place to stay and enjoy your vaction in Glenwood Springs. CO.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evona F
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by this room. Large, super clean, with refrigerator and microwave, all at a "mom and pop" price.
The room had a table and chairs plus a desk area, but wasn't arranged in the typical "chain motel" style. Walking in, we immediately liked the arrangement. It had a much more comfortable feel.
We didn't feel that the room was dated, or in need of updating.
The lace curtains are nice. But there are heavy privacy drapes you can pull if you prefer.
The gentleman at the desk was very friendly and helpful at check in. The staff was all pleasant to visit with.
A few more shampoos and soap bars would be nice, but we carry our own so it wasn't a problem for us.
They have laundry facilities, so you can wash a load or two of clothes if you need to.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We searched for a room in Glenwood Springs while traveling to Denver. It was pretty late, and no availability at major chains. I called many hotels in town, and all were booked. One clerk referred me to the motor inn. They had one room left and it was a bargain. The room amenities were of your run of the mill motel 6. The room was spotless though. I could not believe how clean it was. I wasn't hoping for the best and against my better judgement didnt look for reviews on TA. it was the only availability in town...I didn't want to know what I was getting into. I'll tell you this, it was affordable, clean, and friendly. I'll return next trip out. In fact, I'm looking forward to it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank mac150
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I think Glenwood Springs can get a little pricey at times, so finding this place was a great way to save some money. It is an older motel, but is kept up nice and is walking distance to the Glenwood Caverns tram, hot springs, etc. In fact, we arrived by Amtrak and walked to the motel without any difficulty, so it is handy for those coming in without a car. But I think if you call ahead, they will pick you up at the train station.

They do have a small continental breakfast, but there is a restaurant on site if you prefer. The staff was friendly and helpful. You may want to check to see if there is enough soap/shampoo once you settle in. We needed a couple extra.

They also have Jeeps for rent if you are in need of one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family