“excellent little museum”

Frontier Historical Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 September 2013

You pay $4.00 (which I think is a little expensive) and you can go through on your own. they have informative signs on the displays. there are two floors that are packed with antiques and tons of history. I loved everything about this place. the kitchen was thoughtfully put together and the upstairs has the wardrobes and guns. the bedroom is very nice also.

2  Thank World-wander-woman

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Spent about an hour going through this lovely little old house filled with local history and collectibles. Well worth the time to see it and acqaint yourself with local history and lore.

1  Thank robin e
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The walking tour starts about 10 a.m. for $15 which includes admission afterwards to the museum. There are 2 full floors and another small couple of rooms that are well done with artifacts, guns, wardrobes, full kitchen, etc. I loved it, fun to see some things that I remember from my childhood in the 60's that were still hanging around from the 50's in my mom's house, and lots of much older stuff! This would be fun for 8-12 year olds to see up close 'how things were'. The ladies who run the show there are all very delightful. A nice place to get a souvenir poster or book as proceeds help the museum. They have quilts in there from mid 1800's and early 1900's! The walking tour takes you all around and the guide we had that day was ery knowledgeable: he info on the tour is verified by researching old newspapers and the like. I had no problem walking that much but you might think twice for around 70 and older unless you are in very good shape as you walk some inclines, uneven sidewalks, in the hot sun at times. It was well worth the $15 because we got some great info and then were able to go into the museum at which we perused for well over an hour.

2  Thank go_mommy
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I believe in supporting local historical societies such as this. They have collected many different artifacts from the old west and the area. It was interesting and enjoyable!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

the walking tour of town was fun and informative. The guide was very knowledgeable. We spent 6 hours walking around town and still did not see everything.

2  Thank esther w