“Bad, Sad, Glad to stay elsewhere!”

Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Loveland, CO
“Bad, Sad, Glad to stay elsewhere!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2008

My kids and I stayed here after a local recommended it- bad advice!! I should have known the experience was going to be marginal after the manager at the front desk fully ignored me until she finished her lengthy phone conversation. She didn't like being bothered to take my money I guess.

The room was marginal, dark, smelled like cigarettes, the beds were ok if you didn't touch the bedspreads, the breakfast was a JOKE, and some of the other guests were downright scary. We were much more comfortable camping.

My disabled son left a therapy pillow behind, when we returned the next day to get it, the manager couldn't find it but said she would call when it turned up. When she didn't return any of my inquiries and I reported her to the BBB, she said I lied about it. Oh yeah- I always lie about my son's disability and his therapy pillow because I was what? hoping to get a free night in hell?...What a sad sad place with bad bad energy- Look elsewhere for a place to stay.

• Liked — It is on the bus route
  • Disliked — no customer service, on a busy noisy highway, didn't feel safe, staff stole my son's pillow
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Bigartbird
Cedar2102, manager at Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge, responded to this review, 8 October 2008
This paticular guest claimed she left a pillow behind that was never found. We have corresponded with her through e-mail and explained to her that Cedar Lodge Motel should not be responsible for paying $150.00 for a pillow that was never found.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fort Collins, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2008

There's too many other nice facilities in Glenwood Springs available for lodging, don't bother with the Cedar Lodge. Not only are the rooms extremely dated, beds hard, & service is dispicable to say the least.

I booked our stay thru email directly with Cedar Lodge and I verified the rate and AAA discount to be applied at the time of checkout. They would not honor the AAA discount when we arrived, then when I presented the email confirmation, I was rudely told that that's the way it is and was told to leave.

On top of the rate issue, the facility seems to be the stopping place for all of the construction laborers in the greater Glenwood/Aspen area. Normally this is not an issue unless being woken by a dozen diesel work trucks at 6am doesn't bother you.

I use to frequent this motel many years ago with my family and had not been there for probably the last 10 years. Needless to say, I will not be returning.

Stay at the BW Antler's Lodge...they are great!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank altadog
grand junction, colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2007

I was very happy with our stay and the Cedar Lodge Motel. The room was clean and very much up to date. The hot tub and pool were wonderful. I look forward to going back and hope I can stay longer on my next trip.

Stayed December 2007