“Juicy Lucy lamb chops!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse

Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Juicy Lucy lamb chops!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Early Saturday evening, rain in the air and Juicy Lucy's was packed (as were most other restaurants in the area). Without a reservation, we had to wait 30 minutes before a table was free. The service was very good and our food was top notch. My lamb chops were cooked exactly the way that I asked and were succulent and juicy (my mouth's watering as I'm typing this)! We thought the wine list was a bit on the expensive side and opted for the house red which turned out to be very acceptable once it had the chance to breathe. I'm not really much of a steak house person but I really enjoyed Juicy Lucy's and there was a good choice of other food besides meat. Lively atmosphere inside and a good eating experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Denver, Colorado
“Maybe not the spot for the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I loved the vegetables and sides.. all fresh and plentyful. Her filet was perfect. I tried to skimp because of the cost of the kids steak meals, by going with sirloin kabob but found it as tough as all the kids steaks. As a tip they cook it rare so order one step more well done than you usually do. Also found some dissapointment in being served a measured shot of jack with meal for $7.50. It seemed a bit petty to go light on the booze when my bill was over $150. Dunno maybe I'm the one who is petty.

• Visited November 2013
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Hot and Juicy Lucy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

This certainly seemed to be the hotspot in town. We had nearly an hour's wait for a table - of course it was prime dinner time on a Saturday night in late October (which meant no rooftop dining) - but it was well worth it. Perfect New York Strip, and plenty of choices on the menu for seafood lovers and vegans alike. Nice wine list, excellent service, what more could we ask for?

Scotia, New York
“Tastiest Trout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

It turned out that the hostess at Baron's in the Hotel Colorado did me a favor when, rather than offering me a table at 11:20, told me: "Actually we are closed now and don't open until 11:30 actually." The sentence structure alone dissuaded me from lingering in the hotel lobby. So I crossed the pedestrian bridge to discover a most delightful lunch at Juicy Lucy's. I'm sure this restaurant had many lives since it was Cafe Tessadri's Bar, and its current state is something special. Big steakhouse booths and comfortable tables fill the dining room and Lucy's also has a tavern area and rooftop dining. The wine list is much greater than one could predict, including a good assortment of wine by the glass. One luncheon special on the day I visited was the freshest and tastiest trout I had experienced in years. Perhaps the the fly-fishers I passed earlier that morning delivered their catch.

DeLand
“Steakhouse that's vegan friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Juicy Lucy Steakhouse was recommended as the best place to eat in Glenwood Springs. Since I'm vegan we checked out the menu and found two great vegetable dishes. We had olives as an appetizer (ask them to leave out the stuffed ones, which have crabmeat and cheese), and I ordered a vegetable kabab with a bean and greens salad, as well as a Colorado beer! The meal was delicious. The staff was friendly.

1 Thank wangsneg