“Great outside waiting”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband was looking for a good steak the night before skiing and this is what we found. It was right by the river. There was still a little bit of a wait so we got a drink and headed out back. Their back patio/courtyard had great ambiance with a waterfall wall, stone structures, and tiered seating. I could've stayed out there for a long time. When out table was ready we were seated at a two top next to the bar. It was adequate but crowded felling. My husband really enjoyed the steak he ordered (I don't remember which one) and I really enjoyed the steak shish-kabob (although I could have done without the eggplant). I would visit here again but plan more relaxing time outside.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our family has spent around 17 weeks over 5 trips to the USA during the past 3 years. We chose to eat at Juicy Lucy Steakhouse tonight despite a few negative reviews on trip advisor. As a family (2 kids aged 13 & 10) we are in agreement that this was the finest meal we have had. The service was sensational thanks to Gabriel our waiter & the meals and desert didn't disappoint. Value for money all the way.

1  Thank KazOz1969
Reviewed 25 April 2014

1st...construction on the sidewalks made it so we had to enter from the alley. It smelled HORRIBLE and there was feces on the ground!!! Not a good start.

2nd...we had to meander our way through to find the hostess stand where we stood for about 2-3 minutes before someone even came to seat us and then she said, "Do you want a booth or table?" We said "booth". Her response, "OK...you can sit wherever you want." OK...really? Needless to say we found our seat.

The restaurant and bar were nearly empty, so it's not like they were seriously busy or anything. We had 2 servers working our table and we barely saw either of them. The food was good, but I make a better steak at home and it certainly doesn't cost $30 each! Needless to say, we won't be eating there again...ever!

On a positive note, the last server (not one of ours, by the way) came and asked us if we needed anything else. We told him no, just the ticket. He accommodated us. When we left I told him he was the ONLY bright spot of our visit. He understood that we did not have a good visit and basically apologized to us.

The food was certainly not worth the price and the service made it not worth it AT ALL. Don't waste your time and money. You can get better food AND SERVICE at a Texas Roadhouse or Outback Steakhouse!

Chris G, Manager at Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for your comments, first and foremost we unfortunately have no control over the City of Glenwood Springs construction plans and we are doing our best to accommodate our patrons by offering an entrance that we normally only use as a fire entrance. Our part of the alley way is swept several times a day and we are just as upset as you at how many people litter and don’t clean up after their pets, but unfortunately we don’t have any control over that either. As far as your service I’m terribly sorry to hear our service standard fell short, I agree that is unacceptable. We work as a team here at Juicy Lucy’s Steakhouse and in turn all of our servers are responsible for every table and every guest. We are working with our front of house crew to correct problems such as you experienced. Feel free to contact us at juicylucymanager@gmail.com with any other questions or concerns. I sincerely hope you will give us another try next time you are in town.
Thank you for your time and concerns,
Juicy Lucy’s Management

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I've been to Juicy Lucy Steakhouse several times and always had a delicious meal. The steak is so tender it melts in your mouth. Sides were also great and some different options that I hadn't seen anywhere before. Must give this place a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We are here on the recommendation of our concierge on the first night of our stay in town. We certainly won't be returning again. We were placed in a tiny booth at the back of the restaurant it was barely big enough to get in. Service was average and we were waiting some time before we were even acknowledged! The menu is very limited, there was only 1 dish that I could eat and this was a honey chicken. I wouldn't recommend it. The honey overpowered the taste of the chicken, it was not nice. My dad and partner ordered steaks, they both enjoyed these but they were very expensive.
The table was too low to eat from and too small in the booth, service was slow and it was very expensive. I am sure there are much better places to eat in Glenwood Springs.

Chris G, Manager at Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for your comments. It is terribly hard to learn, grow and improve when we are left in the dark. In response to some of your concerns our booths, like in all restaurants, are not for everyone but of course we are in the customer service business and would be more than happy to move you to a different table that more suits your needs. I’m sorry to hear that you could not find anything to your liking on our menu but we do have a wide array of salads, wonderful appetizers, fresh never frozen sea food, excellent steaks, and enticing desserts. Our prices reflect the top quality of our product; seafood delivered fresh daily and never frozen, our beef, lamb and elk is only the top 12% of prime and choice cuts, cut in house and wet aged on premise for no less than 21 days. We take pride in what we do here at Juicy Lucy’s Steakhouse and do our best to hand craft a memorable experience for every guest with perfect service and outstanding food. I am very sorry to hear that our service standard fell short on your last visit; we are working with all of our staff to improve this problem. I hope next time you are in Glenwood you will give us another try. Feel free to contact us at juicylucymanage@gmail.com with any other questions.
Juicy Lucy’s Management