“Good value for the room & facility, but hard work.”

Rodeway Inn Glenwood Springs
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We made reservations on the ChoiceHoteldotcom website. The rate was good, $50 for a Sunday nite. Better than other websites.

The clerk was very personable, and when I asked for a nice quiet, clean room on the first floor, He very quickly presented me with a key for room 102. The 2nd room in the front, right off the highway. After confirming that it was as noisy as I expected, I returned to the office. He was appologetic, told me there were no rooms available in the back building and gave me a key to 209.

This was a bit further from the highway, but still in the 1st building right on the highway, and still quite noisy. Since it was 5pm and there was only one other car in the parking lot, I suspected that there were very few guests and went back for the third time.

This time he looked a bit annoyed, but gave me the key to 115, on the 1st floor in the back building. The room was clean, comfortable and best of all, quiet.

I realize that employees want to make their jobs easier by putting guests fairly close together. But I do not understand why they would put guests in the front building along a highway, rather than starting by filling the quiet rear building.

The motel and the room were very nice, especially for the low price charged. The room also included a mini fridge and microwave, iron & ironing board, hair dryer and some nice product samples. The toilet and shower were in a separate room. Everything worked and was clean.

I hope that the employees will begin to full the quieter rear building before the louder front building in the future. A guest should not have to push this hard to get a room that should have been assigned, as requested, in the first place.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Travelers_Wanna-Be-3

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I returned to this motel after staying last year on a trip heading through CO to Utah. I knew what to expect and was not disappointed... and it was very nice that while I arrived pretty early, they were patient with me as I asked for a different room than the one I had last year which I'd requested this time when I made the reservation... as I realized I wanted a room I could park directly in front of to unload my car.

What I really like about this motel is that there is a small window in the back of the room that you can open for cross ventilation as well as light. The toilet and tub/shower area is in a room with a door and the sink area next to that window with plenty of countertop. The fridge is a decent size and the microwave is good... I travel alone and buy food from the store in town and the fridge and microwave are important for my needs.

I like this motel and won't look for another in the area. I have no doubt the owners will continue to work hard at keeping this motel up and working well.

As I'd brought my own breakfast, I just got coffee and bread from the small lobby/breakfast area. I don't really remember what else was available. It isn't too far from restaurants, so if you want a full breakfast you can find probably anything you want.

Room Tip: If you want to have a view, check out the room. The ones on the office side have a back view of a q...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank maxinerose
Reviewed 2 March 2013

My wife was a little worried when I told her how little I paid for our hotel room. However she was pleasantly surprised when we got here. This is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed at. The carpets were clean, the sheets smelled fresh, even the shower head and knobs were shining. It goes without saying that there were no bugs of any kind. I didn't interact much with the cashier but she seems friendly. For the price this hotel is a gem, I will certainly be going back if I'm ever in this area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 447JasonS
Reviewed 9 January 2013

It is an average hotel which you expect. The hotel rooms are clean and have NO bedbugs. We needed a place to crash in for a few hours and this place fitted the bill to the T. Nothing special!!!!!
The surroundings were very beautiful and you can the rockies from the balcony.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Atanu R
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We had made our reservation in advance, but mistakenly misread the website and thought they accepted pets. Upon attempting to check in we tried to hand the clerk the reservation print-out information. He stated "I don't need that, just give me your credit card and ID." He then noticed we had a dog and stated "We don't take pets". We asked if he could guide us to a hotel that did accept the dog. He walked away from the desk and went into a room behind the desk to speak with who we figured to be a manager. He said loud enough for us to hear "I'm not gonna put up with this $#!*, you handle it". She was asking questions about the dog, like if she barks or would be in the room alone. She then stated that we would have to get a room with two beds, probably because we were two men traveling together. At this point we asked for our credit card and ID back. She did suggest a place just down the street, Red Mountain Inn, that did take pets. It was much nicer and less expensive. The staff was also infinitely more friendly, but then again Hitler would have been more friendly.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John Z
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Owner is extreemly helpful/friendly. He makes you feel welcome. Rooms are very clean & bed was comfortable. Refrigerator & microwave included. Continental breakfast. Road that hotel is on takes you to downtown & hot springs. Hotel is a little old but well worth staying at.

Room Tip: No elevator but quiet on the 3rd floor. We were able to open a front and back window instead of usi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Again we chose this location because we had stayed here in the past, but this time we brought Friends, and had 2 rooms with double Queen beds in each room. Our room was clean and inviting with outside the bathroom vanity, the two drawbacks were with the TV remote, very difficut to operate, and no guide for the channels, also our rooms were close to the street, and it was difficult to get to sleep. The owners were very friendly and helpful, and we had a decent breakfast, waffles, pastries, cereals, toast, juice and coffee.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for room away from street, because of traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends