“Second time staying here - great for a night's rest on a budget”
Review of Frontier Lodge

Frontier Lodge
Frontier Lodge
Ranked #21 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This was our second time staying here, and the place is great for a good nights rest without breaking the bank. Clean, comfortable rooms, nice host, everything worked fine.

There is a Walmart within walking distance if you need supplies, and decent Mexican and Chinese restaurants next door.

If you're just looking for a relaxing place to spend the evening and don't need a lot of Aspen (or Glenwood for that matter!) nightlife, this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed one night , nice place with a great view ! At first I was disappointed because the shower in the room did not work ,it did say in the description , bath or shower in room though , bath worked fine though and it felt nice to soak after a long day riding my motorcycle and hiking to see sights . As I said , with some work this could be a great place , still the cheapest rate in town , 60 a night but as it is it should probably be 40 to 50 a night . Overall , I loved it ! Nice folks running the place too and I imagine the cost of renovation can be overwhelming so no big deal there but the showers really need to work . Some people don't like baths and handicapped people may not even be able to .

Room Tip: Request a room with a shower if you don't like a bath .
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We chose this hotel because of the good reviews and we were not disappointed. The rooms were very nice and clean. They were also very big. The staff people were both nice and gave helpful recommendations on where to visit in Glenwood Springs. The only problem we had was that the TV wasn't working at first, but the office guy (I think his name was Wes) came and fixed it no problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here several years ago while on a ski trip, and decided to stop again when traveling through Glenwood Springs. The European proprietor is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are spotless, and the prices (for Glenwood Springs, anyway) are quite reasonable. Located toward the south end of town, the lodge is close to the road that leads to Sunlight Mountain Resort, and Snowmass and Aspen are just a short trip down Route 82. The mattress was comfortable, and the shower had good pressure. On the downside, the cable system was more complicated than most, and there was no in-room coffee maker. (There is a good breakfast in the lobby; but if you're leaving early, that doesn't do much good if you need your morning coffee!) All in all, this is a good place to stay, and I will probably do so again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms 11 through 20 (toward the back of the parking area) are furthest from the busy street and are...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank tgw51
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have booked my hotel at th Frontier lodge because it was a good price.

When I arrived in Glenwood Springs, my TomTom did not send me to the right adress. Maybe it's the fault of my navigation. I ended up at another motel and I asked where I could find the Frontier Lodge. After she gave me some directions, I was there.

It was a very nice place. The owners were so nice. They are from Poland, and we talked about Europe and soccer, because Poland was this year better than Holland in the European Cup. They asked me if I was planning to visit Glenwood Hotsprings, so they gave me some information about it.

The room was nice and comfy. Everything was clean like it supposed to be.
This place was one of my best stay during my round trip in 2012.

So I would like to say dziękuję (thank you) to the owners, because they are doing a good job.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Zoubeir87
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This motel is a great value, the breakfast bar is MUCH better than most. Front desk was extremely helpful and housekeeping thorough. We stayed here a year ago for the first time and since we were going to be in the area again, we decided to stay somewhere we were already satisfied. Nice, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay J
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed here on a recent fishing trip to the Roaring Fork Valley and the experience was decent. The room was clean, the beds were good and was pretty quiet given the close location to the road. The room was a little dated and could use a remodel, but the shower, sink and toilets all worked great. The only real drawback was that the cable channels did not include ESPN. If you are looking for just a place to rest your head and get a good night's sleep while not needing Ritz Carlton luxury, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends