“Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Olathe, Colorado, United States
“Loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Fantasic!!!!!!!!!!!! The staff was GREAT! The rooms were clean, breakfast was good. Very conviently located. We will stay here again and again. Having a fridge and microwave in the room was very handy. Did not notice any dead grandmas house smell!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

The lady in the front office was nice but this place is trying to cover up smells galore... I thought I literally entered my dead grandmas house... I refuse to eat the free breakfast... I don't think this place should serve food... This is old , dirty, place.

• Stayed June 2013
kathy h, Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear valued guest;

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We strive to provide our guests, with superior customer service, clean rooms and a comfortable stay at a valuable price. It appears in this case, we fell short. Had we, been aware of the issues we would have taking care of the situation immediately.

The maintenance and housekeeping issues you experienced have been remedied and I thank you for bring them to our attention. We are always taking feedback, positive and negative, to our staff to help us improve.

Your business is very important to us. I take your feedback to heart and thank you for your candid response. We work hard to provide a valuable product in an often times, high priced destination town. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Sincerely;

Kathy

Manager of The Affordable Inns of Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Travellers are raving about these Glenwood Springs hotels

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We stayed at the Affordable Inns over Strawberry Days weekend. What a great Value! Most hotels in town run ridiculous rates during this local holiday weekend. We were happy to find the Affordable reasonably priced while still providing many of the amenities we were looking for. The staff was friendly when we arrived and knowledgeable about the festivities. They gave us tips on where to park, what restaurants to eat at, ect. Our room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was just what we needed to grab and go before we headed out for the day. Overall, I would definitely stay here again vs. paying the high tourist rates for one of the chain hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This was by far the worst hotel room in which I had ever stayed. The online advertised price was $69.99, BUT the real price was $59.99 (when I left the following morning, the price on the sign read "$5 .99" and thought they should have paid me to stay there or to only charge the "new" price on the sign...) and no adjustments would be made even after I discovered a FILTHY bathroom and was told upon reporting it, "The housekeeping staff is new and it (the hotel) is an old building" (translation = the previous staff was worse), and two of the three lamps appeared not to be working. This was after I'd had to ask that my credit card be returned to me and then discovered my driver's license had not been and had to return to the front desk to retrieve it but was told it had been "slid under the room door." Apparently, there was only inept staff working at the front desk when I checked into the hotel. Upon phoning the front desk, I was told they were "too busy" and I could come to the front desk and they would give me two replacement bulbs, but that did not solve the problem because I discovered they weren't plugged into an outlet, so I again phoned the front desk and was told she (the woman answering the phone) would come and see what she could do when she could. When she walked into the room, she quite literally flung an unopened bag of microwave popcorn down on the dresser for who knows what reason. Perhaps, not plugging in room lamps was some "cost cutting measure" ( and this was before I saw the filthy bathroom), but with one lamp the outlet was literally behind of head of the bed which had to be moved to plug in the lamp as I observed the front desk staff doing as they already knew where the outlet was; with my small frame and slight weight, I could not have moved the bed; the other plug just kept falling out of the outlet--it was behind the refrigerator. The curtains did not fully close and looked as though they might fall down because they had previously been pulled upon to close them all the way; the window looked up at "bumper level" to the parked cars in the parking lot. Whomever the on-site management might be appears to be, the person is incapable of addressing any of the real issues--filthy bathroom, curtains that don't close, did not check the room to make sure all lamps were in working order (the previous guest had left their room key cards and envelope sitting in plain sight on the dresser), the old air conditioner was placed high on the wall behind the lamp and was not easily accessible, etc., or making any price adjustments which was clearly warranted even though I requested it given the sitiation (not good PR or CS on the site management's part), and did not provide me with any corporate contact address even though I requested it twice; I had to return to the front desk after checking out because I realized I still had not been provided with any contact information for the corporate office; then, I was handed a business card with only a phone number on it and told to "call Kathy." Their "Continental Breakfast" was not worth even describing unless "high sugar, high fat, high cholesterol" is what you eat sitting five feet from the front desk. I cancelled my "return" reservations and will stay in a far more decent hotel when I return to Glenwood Springs next week.

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank CaliforniaAL_13
kathy h, Manager at Affordable Inns, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences you experienced during you stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with superior customer service and clean and comfortable stay at a valuable price. It appears that on this case, we fell short.

The maintenance and housekeeping issues you experienced have been remedied and i thank you for bringing them to our attention. We are always taking feedback, positive and negative, to our staff to help us improve.

We will also be taking your feedback to our front desk team to ensure they better handle this situation in the future. I assure you that the experience you had is not typical of the service we
provide. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly staff and enjoy getting to know many of our guest. Typically, they become part of our extended family.

The breakfast we offer appeals to many of our visitors. It includes; biscuits and gravy, fresh
baked apple and cherry turnovers, bagels cream chesse, with fruited water and hot coffee orange juice. We do however think adding some healthier options is a great idea and something we will certainly look into.

Your business is very important to us, I take your feedback to heart and thank you for your candid response. We work hard to provide a valuable product in an often times, high priced destination town. By telling us what you likes about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Kathy
Manager
Affordable Inns
Bennett, Colorado
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This place is very clean has confortable beds and very friendly service at affordable prices. they have special room packages also. It is close to the Glenwood springs hot springs where you can get in a package deal passes to the hot springs also in the package you get prime rib dinner at a very nice restaurant. The motel is centrally located to many attritions and the downtown area. I would recommend the affordable inn to any one who wants to visit Glenwood springs, they even have continental breakfast every morning

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley K
Reviewed 14 May 2013

What a pleasant surprise !!
Very clean rooms the staff was very friendly Robin was very helpful . Very close to all the attractions Especially the water park . considering the value of the room I was pleasantly surprised with hot biscuits and gravy bagels and the apple turnover was fantastic .

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We took our kids, grand kids and some friends, 14 people total. The place is friendly clean and very friendly to your pocket book. Their kid friendly hospitality was appreciated and we will go back again and again.

Room Tip: Upper rooms have a view of some Mtns as you look out over the Colorado river.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family