“Great Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My husband and I and two children stayed at the Hotel Glenwood Springs for five nights before Strawberry Days in Glenwood. We had a GREAT experience staying there! The front desk staff is awesome! Heather at the front desk made us feel so welcome and always greeted us and truly made us feel at home. The staff was always eager to accommodate us in any way they could. The hotel was really clean in the main areas and in the room. The beds were super comfy, and even the rollaway bed was comfortable for my son. The location is awesome and so close to everything! If you have kids, there is a beautiful park located right across the bridge, less than a block away. The pool/waterslide and hot tub is great and super kid friendly. We had an awesome experience and we plan to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was a standard room, but slightly oversized than some rooms, which really helped with havin...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We typically make a trip to Glenwood Springs about once a year for a mountain retreat/Strawberry festival/Aspen Food & Wine Festival...etc.. As we rolled into town aroun 10:30pm, we stopped at the Hampton Inn to check in and realized they did not hold our reservation for us. My husband has diamond status with Hilton Honor points and they still gave our reservation away! It is difficult to get a reservation at a good hotel during peak travel times and knew it would be a long night. Aspen was holding their annual Food & Wine Festival and knew there would be nothing in that area either! We checked priceline, called around and was told by the hotel clerk that our only hope would be the Antlers Best Western. OMG! I would rather sleep in the car than stay at a Best Western! As were were heading out of the hotel parking lot, we saw this hotel. I approached the front desk in hopes that they had anything available at this late hour (now 11pm). Not only did they have a room, the staff was very friendly and booked us a double king bed suite. The hotel continued to be the gem of the trip. The room was large, modest and very clean - came with a frig and microwave. I would say it was comperable to what you would get a a Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites but with much more space. The kids were thrilled with the waterslide (ages 12 and 9) and they offered free breakfast. it was directly connected to the adventure park so we didn't need to drive anywhere and we were able to escape the afternoon sun and take a break at our hotel.
While it lacks the comfortable beds at the Hampton Inn, I would stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone! The waterpark/pool is more geared toward smaller kiddos (ages 3 to 9) but my tweens were very happy with it. At no time was the pool crowded, it was always clean and well maintained and there were nevery any unruly kids. Kudos to the staff - they were always helpful and had a smile on their faces no matter the hour!
Thank you and will stay again!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family - book the double king bed room!
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed for a night recently with our two kids on a spur of the moment trip to Glenwood Springs. The room was nice, the pool was a huge hit, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We definitely enjoyed our stay. My only complaint was at breakfast. If you are at all environmentally conscious, you'll be pretty horrified by the amount of trash generated. Everything is served on styrofoam with plastic cutlery. By the time we were done with breakfast we had so much to throw away just for our family of four. It made the "save the earth by reusing your towels" sign in our room seem pretty self-serving and disingenuous. Otherwise, this was a nice hotel for a quick trip with the kids.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
scottolpin, General Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Hello.
Thank you so very much for bringing this to my attention and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and our facility.
At Hotel Glenwood Springs we recently implemented a program to recycle as much material from the guest rooms as possible after a guest has departed. Our housekeeping supervisor has taken over this program and it is going very well.
Obviously our recycling program needs to be addressed in our breakfast room which I will do much sooner than later. Thank you for "another set of eyes" to evaluate our products and procedures. My immediate plan is to meet with our supplier and find out what my options are for recyclable plates, utensils, cups and any other item possible, and then move forward to change our current arrangement.
We do take consideration for the environment very seriously and do all that we can to reduce, reuse and recycle. We can do more...and we will. Thank you for taking the time and the effort to write and thank you for choosing Hotel Glenwood Springs.
Most Sincerely, Scott D. Olpin - General Manager
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My roommate, her daughter and I took an overnight Amtrak trip up to Glenwood Springs on 05-30-12. we stayed at the Hotel Glenwood Springs.entering the establishment, the lobby is very welcoming. As I saw on other posts, the room itself was average but still clean and comfretable. the pool was very inviteing. I have daughters that live in the area as well as four grandchildren and it was a great time swimming with them in there awsome indoor pool.
The staff was by far the best I have ever experianced. I travel alot and have never been treated so well!.They actually took the time to go to the store and purchase a float for the pool to accomidate my grandchild.They also allowed me and my family to access the breakfast room after hrs so we could enjoy a family meal that was delivered to the hotel.
special thanks to Katie & Heather, the two front desk employee's were outstanding in making sure our stay was the best it could be!. Becouse of them, We will be back!. Thank.

1 Thank Pitchman101
Kailua Hawaii
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I came back to colorado on leave from california to spend some time with my family. I wanted to celebrate my oldest daughters birthday in glenwood and looked for a hotel close to the hotsprings. I choose this one from the reviews on this site. let me tell you that I have been all over the world and have stayed in many hotels. This was by far one of the best hands down. the staff was awesome and knew everything about the town . The hotel was clean and neat. The free breakfast was nice and my kids loved it as did I. The rooms were VERY clean and spacious. The first day it was too cold and windy to go to the hot springs so we spent time in the indoor pool. My kids and I had a blast. they loved it more than the hotsprings. We spent a couple of hours at the springs the next day but ended up back at the hotel pool. Over all AWESOME. if your looking for a hotle kid friendly, this is the best in Glenwood hands down. close to everything, awesome staff, good clean rooms, indoor pool. I would recomend this to anyone who is looking to say in Glenwood kids or not. Trust me if this place passes a Marine's inspection with flying colors it's good to go!

1 Thank ichicken74
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 May 2012

My family and I went to Glenwood Springs on a "mini-break" from Denver. We stayed at the Hotel Glenwood Springs for 2 nights/3 days. The hotel itself is nothing extraordinary. The room we stayed in had 2 queens and was just like any other hotel. The front desk staff was very helpful and when my youngest daughter became ill, the cleaning staff saved us!

What makes this hotel a standout is the indoor pool. As a parent whose kids could stay in the pool all day (and nearly did), it was nice to have a pool where my 9 and 4 year old could play all day without us having to get in and hold the 4-year-old. The pool has 2 water slides, a larger one and a small one for little kids. The depth of the pool is 1 1/2 feet to 3 1/2 feet, with the majority of the pool under 3 feet. That makes it perfect for families with kids. My 9 year old had as much fun as the 4 year old and it was nice for my husband and I to sit in a chair and watch them play. A friend of mine recommended this hotel and said that her boys chose to go to this hotel for their birthdays rather than having a party, and now I can see why. We had a great time and if you are traveling to Glenwood Springs with children, this hotel is your best bet.

Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and great with our two kids. We loved the pool. The breakfast was nice with cereals, bagels, toasts, fresh waffles, oatmeals. Free juice and coffee available all day. Washer and dryer on site. Hotel is in a great location to get to anything quickly. Really great hotel with a really great price!