Hotel Glenwood Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Silver Spruce Motel(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Best Western Antlers(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Glenwood Springs Inn(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Plaza Inn Hotel(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Courtyard by Marriot(Glenwood Springs)
Starlight Lodge(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Courtyard Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)
View Hotel
All reviewsadventure parkindoor waterparkfree pizzafront deskwater park isgreat family hotelbasketball hoophot springswafflesdiscount ticketspool areakids loved the poolgreat poolbig hitbreakfast roombunk bedsking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I take my family to Glenwood Springs evey year for a long weekend getaway and we always stay at the Hotsprings resort across he street from the pool. This time we stayed at Hotel GlenWood Springs. We arrived early and was able to check in 11am. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly we had a ok room and we started our long weekend staycation. We were getting ready to go to the Hot Springs on Saturday night and I took off my neclace that was given to me be my sister before she lost her long battle with Breast cancer and put it in the dresser drawer along with our house keys and a bunch of pocket change. We had to get back to Denver early Sunday and we woke up late. it was a mad dash to get packed and load up the car. Half way home my wifes phone rings and the Hotel had called to say we left our keys in the dresser drawer. My wife gave a credit card number over the phone so they could mail them back to us in Denver. As soon as we got home I called the Hotel back to let them know about my neckless and the change that were also in the drawer. They said that the house keeper only turned in the keys but would ask her about it when she returned back to work the following day. The desk clerk said they would call me the next day after they talked to her. Well surprise, surprise, they never called back and I had to call them, I asked for the manager and the guy on the phone said that the manager was not in and could he help me. I explained to him that I had left my neclace and keys as well as a bunch of pocket change in te dresser drawer in our room and I only received my keys in the mail. He said that they asked the house keeper if she knew anything about my neclace and of course she said no. "WOW NO SURPRISE THERE". I explained to him that my wife and kids watched me put my neclace, keys and change in the drawer before we left for the pool and that I just need my naclace back with NO questions asked and I would even give a $100.00 reward. This was a very special neclace and I need it back. WOW SURPRISE SURPRISE. He said that there was nothing the can do. I completely understand that it was my fault for forgetting my things in the first place. It is very disapointing that hotel takes NO blame for the THEFT of my neclace and that it was my fault for leaving it in the first place and they said at least I got me keys back...Are they [--] kidding me? Hell she even took my change and this is after I left a FAT tip and a thank you note to this house keeper. We left the room clean and all of the towels and sheets in a seperate piles to make it easy for her.I understand that they would back up the house keeper because if the word got out that they employ people or in this case a "PERSON" that steals for customers that it may look bad. WELL HELLO the word is out !!! I have never ever left ANYTHING behind in a hotel room before this and word of advice to everyone take that extra minute to Tripple check your room before you leave. I could careless about how expensive the neclace was but that was the last thing my sister gave me before she died and they have a OH WELL attitude. Crime has no zip code but you be sure that there is a house keeper that works at the HOTEL GLENWOOD that hopes you make the same mistake that I did. Other then this it was a GREAT weekend with a bad ending... =(

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ERICW67
Jessica F, Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

I sincerely apologize for the way it seems this situation was handled. I will make sure in the future that any guest concerns are addressed with a sense of urgency. This is a delicate matter and I can assure you that we are taking this situation very seriously. We do not condone thievery and any instance by our staff would result in that employee’s termination. Our lost and found policy has been made very clear to our staff that every item, as soon as it is found, be turned into the front desk immediately so that we can return any lost items to our guests. I have spoken to every staff member that was working during your stay and personally searched the room for the lost item as soon as I was made aware of the situation.

Again, my sincerest apologies that we were unsuccessful in finding your lost item – Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further,
Jessica Fenlon
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here one night on our annual fall trip to the mountains. The staff was very friendly and made us (and our pooch) feel welcomed. Our room was very plain & simple, but met our needs for one night. My family had fun at the pool and the location was close to everything we wanted to do. There are no bells or whistles at this hotel, but it was clean, convenient and most important, dog friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Every year drive up to Glenwood Springs for a mini vacation with the kids. This year we wanted to try a new hotel so I chose this one based on reviews and amenities. The following review details my experience with this hotel;

Traffic from Denver was pretty horrendous, so we didn't get in until late. We had planned to go to the "water park" while the kids played and relax. First all of, this did not fit my description of a "water park", at best it was a rec center pool with a few bells and whistles. My 10 year old daughter was not impressed with the shallow water and toddler like features which was the majority of the pool (it is however probably really good for younger children). The slide was more her speed, but it was full of older, unruly kids shoving and screaming and from what I could tell, unsupervised. At one point someone must have complained because a gentleman from the front desk showed up and attempted to regulate the situation. Once he left, it only took them about 30 seconds before they were at it again. At this point I couldn’t take anymore and we went back up to our room. The pool experience wasn’t the end of the world, I am pretty easy going I didn’t make any complaints and I chalked it up to a rarity (unsupervised kids) and like I said the pool area would be FANTASTIC for younger kids. This next event blew my mind and prompted me to write this review.

Since we had a jam-packed adventure filled weekend ahead of us, we thought we would just watch a movie and head off to bed. When we first arrived I noticed the very outdated décor, the AC unit was a broken mess and there was a prehistoric television. Again, not the end of the world, I can look at a few old paintings and curtains (I do know that they were in the process of remodeling so I’m sure it’s all nice and new now). I am not a big tech person, I figured “oh well, old TV” and laughed it off. However when I turned it on there were lines running through it, and you could barely see the picture. At this point I was bummed, as we were looking forward to relaxing and watching a movie. I decided that I would call downstairs on the off chance that they had another room available; out of habit I used my cell phone. When I called she said, yes, there was vacancy and they did indeed have a room available. It was a larger room, and I didn’t have a problem paying for an upgrade if need be, the room we were in was very tiny anyways. Upon hanging up I went directly downstairs and approached the same girl that I had just talked to on the phone. I said that I would like to change rooms as there was something wrong with our TV and we really wanted to watch a movie and relax. She then proceeded to tell me there was no vacancy. I was absolutely shocked that she just lied to my face. I then told her that I just called and I detailed our phone conversation when her facial expression changed and it was obvious that she was caught in her lie. She then proceeded to tell me that she had a walk in guest and that they rented the last room. There wasn’t more than 2 minutes, probably more like 1 minute, in between the phone call and visiting the desk. When we checked in, we had a reservation, they had all of our info and it still took us several minutes to check in, it was not humanly possible that someone went through the check in process that quickly. I was so overwhelmed and upset I just walked back up to my room. I explained to my husband what had happened, on the verge of tears, just because I was so flabbergasted that she would be so dishonest and manipulative. After a while, my husband went downstairs to talk to the front desk. At this time she proceeded to tell my husband that she told me we didn’t have any of the same room types available and that she TOLD ME that they had the upgraded room and I refused. Of course when he told me this, I was now in complete shock, I specifically asked her if there were ANY rooms of ANY type. I know I asked the question because I was hoping she just misunderstood me and she wasn’t a flat out lair. By this time I just wanted to go to bed, wake up and leave this awful place.

Upon our checkout, we explained the events from the previous night to the general manager; her solution was to give us a 1 free child’s pass to the adventure park and a halfhearted apology, promising to talk to the employee. I felt as though the manager wasn’t taking us seriously, if I had been told my employees did something like that, especially a customer service employee, I would be shocked and appalled. I imagine the employee probably came up with more lies and made us out to be the bad people (my opinion, not fact; however, if this woman would lie to my husband to cover her tracks, I don’t think it is too far-fetched) In closing, this was the most disgusting customer service interaction I have EVER had in my entire life.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LisaKruser
Jessica F, Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your visit to our property.
Our guest’s satisfaction is always our number one priority and I can assure you we take this feedback very seriously.
We want to ensure that every guest enjoys our pool area and I agree that unsupervised children can create an unpleasant experience. We are having our staff check the pool area every 30 minutes for any inappropriate behavior to keep this from occurring in the future.
I am very sorry to hear about the condition of the room that you stayed in. We are working on updating the televisions in all of our rooms to have flat screens and ensuring that all maintenance items brought to our attention are taken care of with urgency. We take into consideration that décor also plays a factor and will be looking into what else we can do to improve the look of our rooms.
I do agree that the interaction with the employee mentioned was unacceptable. We strive to provide excellent guest service to every guest that we interact with and I sincerely apologize that it seems this was not the case. We have discussed your experience and have taken appropriate action with the employee mentioned to ensure that this would never occur again.

If you would like to further discuss your recent stay, we are happy to at any time.

Jessica Fenlon
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect. The tram up the mountain is right next to the hotel. Staff is very helpful. Kids had a blast at the water park during our down hours. Highly recommend Hotel Glenwood Springs for your trip to Glenwood.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family and I have stayed in Glenwood Springs every year for several years as we like to make a weekend out of driving over Independence Pass to view the Aspens. We have stayed in several different hotels because we could not ever find one that was appeasing to us. The Hotel Glenwood, is absolutely an amazing hotel. The rooms are very clean (including the bathroom floor.) and I usually dont walk around hotels without shoes on because the floors are generally nasty, but these floors were super clean, the beds were very, very comfortable. We didnt stay much in our room as we played cards (and drank a few beers) in the lobby next to the fireplace. The staff (Savannah, Heather, Jeremy, and Donte) were spectacular additions to our weekend stay. We had half the hotel playing cards with us Friday night and we laughed so hard all night. The pool and hot tub were enjoyable, there were not too many people in there so we also had a good time. Our daughter got sick on Sat night after swimming in the Hot Springs because she swallowed some of the water. I went upstairs to see if Savannah and Heather by chance might have had some antacids or something. They both went out of their way to find some for me and Savannah even offered her own personal crackers to my daughter if she wanted them. There were people coming and going with their dogs, which we had to pet every single one as they passed by us. We did not smell or see anything left behind by the dogs. I was very pleased with the price of our rooms, we have paid more for other rooms and have not been satisfied. We did not stay and eat the continental breakfast, we wanted more than cereal, toast and hard boiled eggs. We will definitely be going back again next year!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends