“Fun for the family!”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Delta, Colorado
“Fun for the family!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

There is no way I would stay here unless I had small children. That said, I do! We greatly enjoyed our stay and the pool; the staff was friendly and helpful. Room was ok in terms of size and cleanliness, but really, we were just there for the indoor water slide. Breakfast was ok- mostly carbs with some sugar laden yogurt and hard boiled eggs. We used this hotel to book our tickets for the caverns and received a discount. I will say one thing- the pool area around the small slide gets extremely slippery and I saw numerous small children take very hard falls. The pool area had at least one safety precaution and would benefit from putting some sort of anti slip tiling in the area near the small water slide.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jessica F, Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention, the safety of our guests is very important to us. Since this issue was brought to light, we have been working on preventative maintenance in our pool area to help create a safer environment.

Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.
Jessica Fenlon
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Fruita, Colorado
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We recently enjoyed our stay at Hotel Glenwood Springs. The staff was knowledgeable about local restaurants and had plenty of helpful suggestions. The staff went over and beyond to answer and question and meet any of our needs. They really make is feel so much more than welcome to be there it seemed like they had a true appreciation that we chose that hotel to stay with. I have never had such an amazing experience at a hotel with our family. The kids loved the pool and could have stayed in it for hours. We will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the end of the hall they are the largest.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The property has a great indoor swimming water park as part of the hotel and we could not keep the grandkids out of it. It is also next door to a gondola that goes up the mountain, so although not in the center of the city, it is very nearby and has family friendly activities right on the spot. The staff was super nice and accommodating and the lobby complete with fireplace and games. The room was large and adequate, could use a little refreshing in the decor, but very clean and comfortable. A great experience..are only regret was that we could not stay longer on this trip, but we will definitely come back for a longer stay.

Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Awesome for kids! Hotel is kind of old but full of other excitement! The gondola rides up to an amusement park type place is fantastic with a ferris wheel, zipline, and alpine slide. The indoor pool area is great too with a huge slide to go down, section for toddlers with a slide about 5 ft and a basketball hoop area for the older kids. Also there is a hot tub for the parents but good luck getting some quiet time in there as the pool is busy most of the time with lots of children. Location of this hotel is terrific too! Right off to the side of lots of restaurants (ie village inn, Qdoba Juicy Lucy's steak house) and a 5 minute drive from the hot springs! Close by are also white water rafting and horseback riding opportunities (Bair Ranch). Awesome time!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Outside of the change in ownership to private owners, it was like a walk back in time for our family of four (with daughters 10 & 8). The staff was friendly and courteous, had ample pool towels for the kids in the waterpark, room was average in decor, amenities and the carb-o-licious breakfast was slightly downgraded from the prior corporate owners. All in all, one can't complain for rooms for two nights averaging $100/night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget with kids under 8 years old, as our daughters told us they would like to try another place on our next visit.

Room Tip: Our 3rd visit and first time not in a suite...pay a little more and opt for one of the more spacious...
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I traveled with a group of six on a whim tour of Colorado. Glenwood Springs was one of our destinations. We decided to stay at this hotel after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and am glad we did. The beds and pillows were awesome, the breakfast plentiful, and the price was right! This would be a great place to bring the kids or grand kids as the pool is big and has slides and fun things to play on. The tram to the adventure park is right in the property which we did not partake of. Having said that, I think the weekends must be full of families, so be aware of that if kids are not on your agenda. We were there on a weekday and it was just fine. The hot springs and downtown are 6 blocks away. We walked but I think it might be too far to walk for some kids. I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I take my family to Glenwood Springs evey year for a long weekend getaway and we always stay at the Hotsprings resort across he street from the pool. This time we stayed at Hotel GlenWood Springs. We arrived early and was able to check in 11am. The front desk clerk was helpful and friendly we had a ok room and we started our long weekend staycation. We were getting ready to go to the Hot Springs on Saturday night and I took off my neclace that was given to me be my sister before she lost her long battle with Breast cancer and put it in the dresser drawer along with our house keys and a bunch of pocket change. We had to get back to Denver early Sunday and we woke up late. it was a mad dash to get packed and load up the car. Half way home my wifes phone rings and the Hotel had called to say we left our keys in the dresser drawer. My wife gave a credit card number over the phone so they could mail them back to us in Denver. As soon as we got home I called the Hotel back to let them know about my neckless and the change that were also in the drawer. They said that the house keeper only turned in the keys but would ask her about it when she returned back to work the following day. The desk clerk said they would call me the next day after they talked to her. Well surprise, surprise, they never called back and I had to call them, I asked for the manager and the guy on the phone said that the manager was not in and could he help me. I explained to him that I had left my neclace and keys as well as a bunch of pocket change in te dresser drawer in our room and I only received my keys in the mail. He said that they asked the house keeper if she knew anything about my neclace and of course she said no. "WOW NO SURPRISE THERE". I explained to him that my wife and kids watched me put my neclace, keys and change in the drawer before we left for the pool and that I just need my naclace back with NO questions asked and I would even give a $100.00 reward. This was a very special neclace and I need it back. WOW SURPRISE SURPRISE. He said that there was nothing the can do. I completely understand that it was my fault for forgetting my things in the first place. It is very disapointing that hotel takes NO blame for the THEFT of my neclace and that it was my fault for leaving it in the first place and they said at least I got me keys back...Are they [--] kidding me? Hell she even took my change and this is after I left a FAT tip and a thank you note to this house keeper. We left the room clean and all of the towels and sheets in a seperate piles to make it easy for her.I understand that they would back up the house keeper because if the word got out that they employ people or in this case a "PERSON" that steals for customers that it may look bad. WELL HELLO the word is out !!! I have never ever left ANYTHING behind in a hotel room before this and word of advice to everyone take that extra minute to Tripple check your room before you leave. I could careless about how expensive the neclace was but that was the last thing my sister gave me before she died and they have a OH WELL attitude. Crime has no zip code but you be sure that there is a house keeper that works at the HOTEL GLENWOOD that hopes you make the same mistake that I did. Other then this it was a GREAT weekend with a bad ending... =(

1 Thank ERICW67
Jessica F, Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I sincerely apologize for the way it seems this situation was handled. I will make sure in the future that any guest concerns are addressed with a sense of urgency. This is a delicate matter and I can assure you that we are taking this situation very seriously. We do not condone thievery and any instance by our staff would result in that employee’s termination. Our lost and found policy has been made very clear to our staff that every item, as soon as it is found, be turned into the front desk immediately so that we can return any lost items to our guests. I have spoken to every staff member that was working during your stay and personally searched the room for the lost item as soon as I was made aware of the situation.

Again, my sincerest apologies that we were unsuccessful in finding your lost item – Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further,
Jessica Fenlon