“Fantastic Family Fun”

Hotel Glenwood Springs
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 2 April 2014

After our second stay at this hotel, my family thought it was time for a review. This hotel provided a "one stop shop" for our quick three day family get away. My kids loved the water park, (I think my husband and I enjoyed the water slide/pool/hot tub as much as they did), and they also enjoyed the gondolas, arctic slide, and activity park located above the hotel. We asked for restaurant recommendations for independent dining, and the staff was on spot on each time. I would HIGHLY recommend this to people looking for a family respite. Hope to see you there.

Room Tip: We chose a suite with a king bed and pull out couch...it was perfect for our needs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I can't tell you how professional and outgoing the staff was to accommodate any little request. It was fun to visit with the front counter staff as we came and left the building. My children loved the pool, and the breakfast was great.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

From the moment we walked into the lobby and were greeted by Savanna (at the main desk) my family and I were made to feel like we owned the place. What a gem. The place was incredibly busy, yet she took the time to have a nice conversation with us and made us feel like we were the only ones there. I don’t believe I had ever enjoyed such a warm welcome. Savanna remembered and called me by name our entire stay. I don’t think I could say enough about her and the value she brought to our experience. The facility was great for my family with the pool area and water slide. Rooms were clean and quiet (considering that you were so busy). We were greeted with smiles by every single person on staff.

The ONLY thing I would suggest is that there were a better protein choice in the breakfast. Don’t get me wrong, the breakfast was good. However, the boiled eggs left a lot to be desired.

We enjoyed our stay, the facility and the over the top staff and would absolutely stay again as well as recommend this to others.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Our family of five so enjoyed our 3 night stay. The pool, slide, and hot tub were terrific and the staff were even better. Having a swiveling TV mounted is a definite plus. The access to the mountain top Adventure Park is literally 25 yards away and when you purchase your tickets from the front desk you receive a discount. The building was clean and welcoming and I really can't say enough about the wonderful staff. However, we do hope they purchase new beds soon - we did not sleep well. As fabulous as the pool area was, I would also like to see the owner take care of the water issues regarding the floor. The water does not drain properly and we saw at least 2 teens and 3 toddlers slip and hit the backs of their heads on the floor. The kids were not running, the water just pools in the lower spots ( I believe the white "track like" material is used to drain standing water).

Room Tip: They are a pet-friendly hotel so if you are allergic I would request a room not on the 1st floor. Th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jessica F, Manager at Hotel Glenwood Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I apologize that your stay was not as restful as hoped. We have ordered more mats to go around our pool deck for additional safety, as guest safety is very important to us.

I’m happy to hear that our staff was helpful to you during your stay. I do hope that we will see you on your next visit to Glenwood Springs.

Jessica Fenlon
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We found Hotel Glenwood Springs on Expedia.com as we were driving through Utah. It was the last night of our first cross country family vacation and we really wanted to stay somewhere nice. It was super easy to find, just off the interstate, nestled in the beautiful mountain town of Glenwood Springs. Check-in was quick and easy and the friendliness of the staff was exceptional. The lobby was charming and cozy, especially with the stone fireplace going. We checked into our room and immediately put on our swimsuits to head to the indoor swim area. I overheard one of the front desk staff members (Savana) telling someone on the phone that they had one suite left so I asked the other person working (Dave) if he could check about it. I told him that it was our last night of vacation and that we would really love to upgrade if that were possible. He was SO friendly and accommodating and immediately went to work on it. He and Savana had to figure out how to make it work since we had not booked directly but they figured it out and we were in our new AWESOME suite in no time at all! If you have the opportunity to stay the suite is the way to go. The enormous King bed was comfy, the whirlpool tub was relaxing, the fireplace made it so cozy, the separate room with the fold out couch and 2nd flat screen was perfect for our boys. The indoor swim area was great for our boys. There is a small slide in shallow water for the little ones with a mushroom type water feature. A water walkway connects the smaller pool to the bigger one. There was water basketball and a big slide plus a large hot tub. It was just right for my 3.5 and nearly 6 year old. We got recommendations for food from the front desk as well and it was delish. In the morning we headed to the breakfast room for our complimentary breakfast which was nothing fancy but offered plenty of options: oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, cereal, bagels, doughnuts, muffins, juice, coffee, teas and fresh fruit. The ladies that work the breakfast room were also particularly friendly. I can't stress enough how exceptional the customer service was during our stay. I wish that we could have stayed longer and I really hope that we have the opportunity to return. Thanks Hotel Glenwood Springs, and most especially Dave, for making our stay just perfect!

Room Tip: Stay in a suite if you can...it was worth it. There was a bit of road noise on the interstate side s...
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Hotel Glenwood Springs is fantastic and the staff make it exceptional! The rooms are spacious and clean. The "free" breakfast is full of options. The indoor pool is amazing. The staff is superb!!! Their attention to detail and customer service is over the top. They are like personal travel agents...restaurants, activities, and must do's, they know it all. Savana and Dave make you feel welcome from the time of reservation to check out. We will only stay at Hotel Glenwood Springs when traveling in the area. Thank you for the incredible hospitality.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We attended a birthday party weekend at the hotel with 20 other people. It was a wonderful place to stay. The staff (especially Savana, Daisy, and Dave) went above and beyond to make sure all of our needs were met. We are flight attendants and have stayed at many hotels nationwide, and this staff out performs any hotel staff we have encountered during our 27 years as flight attendants..
I left my watch in the room and we were immediately contacted and were told it would be mailed to us. And it arrived!!!
The rooms were clean, breakfast was nice, and again, the staff was amazing.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends