“Great place to stay in Glenwood Springs”
Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you're looking for 5-star luxury, then this is not your place. But if you are looking for a clean hotel in Glenwood Springs with good value for your dollar then I suggest you consider staying at the Glenwood Suites.

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was both spacious and clean. Otherwise, the hotel was pretty much par for course in this town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I reserved a two bedroom king suite for a stay on August 3rd. Upon arrival I was informed they had booked the room for the 2nd instead and I was basically out of luck. They did refund me but offered no further assistance or any form of apology. With the entire Valley booked we were forced to squeeze 6 people in two beds. Ruined our weekend!

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great place to stay. The girls had their own room and TV. The wife and I had a nice kingsize bed. Room was clean neat. Refrigerator and microwave were in the dresser and out of sight. Breakfast was above average. Eggs and sausage both mornings with other pastries, coffee, milk and juice. Staff was great and helpful. Not a request went unanswered or fulfilled. Only wished the hall was not a storage area though. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I will preface this review with the fact we were moved to a different room when the multitude of issues were brought to management's attention.

Our room needed serious maintenance. We felt we were put in an offline room because they were full. However, our room had been pre paid at least a week prior to arrival and we did not check in late.

First, it was not the brand we had booked, but it's sister brand across the street. Not a big deal, but felt bait and switch even though they are in the same chain family.

Immediately entering the carpet had a hole and another hole that had been patched. Just not inviting, but live able.

The bathroom was the problem that ruined the stay. The wall by the tub was missing drywall, paint and was mildewed. Not a minor issue that happened overnight, but had been a problem for a while and not taken care of. The plate to the shower turn on was off the wall, no caulking causing water to go behind the granite panel and send water into the floor flooding the bathroom. The screes were coming out making it difficult to use the faucet. The granite panels have been soaked behind them for too long and need to be removed due to the water damage. The drain to the bathroom sink was missing, and the sink didn't drain.

A wall in the bedroom had a stain that was either a strange spill or pee. You may decide from the picture.

I was so frustrated after flooding the bathroom I had to say something. I spoke with the general manager who claimed to be unaware. There is no way, the pictures say it all. His comment upon me showing him the pictures, "really?"he did apologize for his comment when I was taken aback. He did move us and the next room was far better, better bedding, I think the mattresses were even different. However, those were the accommodations we should have been provided to begin with. Guests aren't just a $

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank lneath
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I believe I may have stayed somewhere else because the reviews about the staff don't make sense. The staff was polite. period. Every time we walked through the lobby they never looked up to say hello or goodbye - or even smile. No one told us about a manager's reception nor did we see one. We did request two glasses for our room instead of the plastic cups provided and instead of being told they couldn't find any, they just never said anything. That was the only "request" we made all weekend. Luckily we just ran to Target to get our own glasses.

The room was fine and clean (although it was cleaned very late in the day). I have never posted a negative review, but in this case, comments about the staff being great simply don't add up. Breakfast was packed with very little food so we chose to leave and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristi S
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here last weekend for one night. Great updated hotel with large rooms. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which had two seperate bedrooms, living room, kitchen was well stocked for cooking and the bathroom was huge! Great staff the the breakfast was good. We will stay here again if we get up to Glenwood Springs. They also provided bottled water for the guest. Great perk when you have been riding (motorcycles) all day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

I don't have anything bad to say. Good stay.. Good value.. Nice rooms.. Nice staff.. Only downside was the poor girl working the breakfast area.. Put another person in there to help.. The additional full service coffee bar neglects the breakfest resupply.. She did as well as she could so kudos to her.

• Stayed: July 2013