My wife and I booked a standard room at the Glenwood Suites online with Priceline after considering several much more expensive options (Hotel Colorado, Glenwood Springs Lodge, Hotel Denver) and we were very glad we did. I was a little disappointed when the hotel came up because it was in West Glenwood and it didn't have any onsite pool / spa services but what it lacked in these areas were more then made up for everywhere that counts.
The room we were given on the second floor was huge with a nice sofa and a large balcony.
Overall it was a real nice place. Fairly up to date. We did our reasearch and choose clean and new over old and "charming". There are several of these "Charming" options right next to the hot springs but personally I didn't want to spent 3 times as much (we spent 70 dollars a night including tax) for the Lodge for a smaller room that isn't as nice, just so we could walk to the pools. and The Hotel Colorado has no Air Conditioning and is very dated and the Denver was under construction so I for me I would rather spent the $280 I saved over 2 nights for passed to the pools, a couple of steaks at Juicy Lucey's (a must try) and still pay for my entire gas bill from Denver.
The only real complants had to do with things that I knew going into it.
1. Right on the highway so if you aren't lucky enough to get a river facing room close the blackout blinds and crank the AC or you will hear and see the highway.
2. There are 0 things to do, no game room, no pool, no hot tub NOTHING so if you have kiddos be sure to have something to keep them busy when you are not having fun in town.
I do want to make note on the Breakfast. It is standard government issue hotel breakfast. I didn't mind it, it was fresh and clean and went until 10am which is nice since most hotels I have been at lately go only until 9. My wife hated it though and said the waffle maker sucked. I am sure it isn't great but it is what it is.
* Comfortible Bed
* Large Rooms
* Clean as any room I have stayed in
* Great toiletries including cotton balls and Q-Tips
* Great HVAC (That easily covered the highway noise
* Very nice staff
* Ample parking including underground
* right on the river for great walks and bike rides
* Great Dairy Queen next door as well as a very good convenience store next door as well
The not so good:
* Terrible water pressure
* Nothing to do at the hotel
* Very thin floors and walls so it's a little loud
* no sit down dining close
* fairly far from Hot Springs, Caves and other activities
* Slow Housekeeping (Left the room on the second floor at 9am came back at 2 and they hadn't cleaned it yet)
I do want to say one thing that people with kids need to be careful with and it isn't the hotels fault. It is a very easy walk from to the parking lot to the Colorado River across the street. There is a Whitewater Rafting company right there and they have a large gravel launch ramp / driveway directly across from the hotel and there is no fence or rope or anything. I could see a little kid easily getting away from his/her parents and running into the river and getting swept away. Parents PLEASE keep an eye on your kids this would be HORRIBLE!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Glenwood Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenwood Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Hotel Springs
- Clarion Glenwood Springs