“Choose Glenwood Suites over More Expensive Options”
Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I booked a standard room at the Glenwood Suites online with Priceline after considering several much more expensive options (Hotel Colorado, Glenwood Springs Lodge, Hotel Denver) and we were very glad we did. I was a little disappointed when the hotel came up because it was in West Glenwood and it didn't have any onsite pool / spa services but what it lacked in these areas were more then made up for everywhere that counts.

The room we were given on the second floor was huge with a nice sofa and a large balcony.

Overall it was a real nice place. Fairly up to date. We did our reasearch and choose clean and new over old and "charming". There are several of these "Charming" options right next to the hot springs but personally I didn't want to spent 3 times as much (we spent 70 dollars a night including tax) for the Lodge for a smaller room that isn't as nice, just so we could walk to the pools. and The Hotel Colorado has no Air Conditioning and is very dated and the Denver was under construction so I for me I would rather spent the $280 I saved over 2 nights for passed to the pools, a couple of steaks at Juicy Lucey's (a must try) and still pay for my entire gas bill from Denver.

The only real complants had to do with things that I knew going into it.
1. Right on the highway so if you aren't lucky enough to get a river facing room close the blackout blinds and crank the AC or you will hear and see the highway.
2. There are 0 things to do, no game room, no pool, no hot tub NOTHING so if you have kiddos be sure to have something to keep them busy when you are not having fun in town.

I do want to make note on the Breakfast. It is standard government issue hotel breakfast. I didn't mind it, it was fresh and clean and went until 10am which is nice since most hotels I have been at lately go only until 9. My wife hated it though and said the waffle maker sucked. I am sure it isn't great but it is what it is.

The Good:
* Comfortible Bed
* Large Rooms
* Clean as any room I have stayed in
* Great toiletries including cotton balls and Q-Tips
* Great HVAC (That easily covered the highway noise
* Very nice staff
* Ample parking including underground
* right on the river for great walks and bike rides
* Great Dairy Queen next door as well as a very good convenience store next door as well

The not so good:
* Terrible water pressure
* Nothing to do at the hotel
* Very thin floors and walls so it's a little loud
* no sit down dining close
* fairly far from Hot Springs, Caves and other activities
* Slow Housekeeping (Left the room on the second floor at 9am came back at 2 and they hadn't cleaned it yet)

I do want to say one thing that people with kids need to be careful with and it isn't the hotels fault. It is a very easy walk from to the parking lot to the Colorado River across the street. There is a Whitewater Rafting company right there and they have a large gravel launch ramp / driveway directly across from the hotel and there is no fence or rope or anything. I could see a little kid easily getting away from his/her parents and running into the river and getting swept away. Parents PLEASE keep an eye on your kids this would be HORRIBLE!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We requested a room on 3rd floor three weeks prior to arrival, request was not fulfilled. We were able to hear every move the family above us made as we were placed on the second floor. The room was large however outdated and signs of water damage in multiple areas of the bathroom. The room itself had a stench of moisture. We were told all rooms were booked and not able to be accommodated for any other room. Bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was awful, even my kids stuck with cereal and milk over their "hot breakfast" options. The breakfast area is VERY small and cramped. They have a large meeting room area which would be a much more spacious spot to set up breakfast in my opinion. Overall dissatisfied and will not return. Next time we are in GS we will pay more to stay elsewhere. Remember you get what you pay for definitely true in this case. Gave 3 stars due to price paid and room size however a true rating would be 2 1/2.

Room Tip: Best of luck with room requests as ours were not fulfilled.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room was clean but outdated. The hot breakfast was on par for the price paid for the room. While I would not describe the staff as friendly they were helpful when needed. If you're a light sleeper I suggest you look farther away from the interstate as it would disturb most people while sleeping. This is a budget friendly hotel that does the job if you're looking for multiple beds for cheap.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Nice Hotel, the room was clean, spacefull with a big TV, couch, and a small office table with chair. The bath big and modern, the bed was confi and clean as well. They offer a complentary breakfast which can be used.
Parking spots are enough and free, WiFi is free as well.
The staff was always friendly and gave us the option for a late check out.
A gas station is a cross the street with a shop where can be both the essential or forgotten.
Nice Hotel for couple of nights, not far from Aspen or really near to the hot springs.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed here on Valentine's Day and got a room with a king sized bed and bunk beds for our two boys. We loved that the kids truly had their own "room" within ours with a door to separate ours from theirs (note that it is NOT a separate room you pay for and that it's still within your very own room) and had a tv of their own too. It's a fabulous room for family with kids who would still like a little privacy. It was clean and didn't have any weird smells. We were right next to the interstate but the noise from the traffic was actually minimal and we hardly noticed it.

The breakfast bar has eggs, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, corned beef hash, a waffle iron and batter and various other dry goods to eat. It's all standard hotel quality so not fantastic but it was fine for what it is.

Very easy to find and access. It was still close enough to downtown Glenwood so it wasn't inconvenient to be on the west side of town. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with an adult bed and bunk beds if you are traveling with kids and would like to ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here for one night as we were on our way to Denver. We had made a reservation previously and everything was in order. The front desk clerk was very polite and helpful. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast offered a wide variety of items. We were very pleased with the accomodations and if we need a place to stay while in Glenwood Springs in the future, we will definately stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with our room away from I-70. It was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I booked the room through Hotwire, got an amazing rate. When I called to confirm, the young lady (whose name escapes me) changed our reservation to a 2 bed suite with bunkbeds for the kids. The room is beautiful, the place is very hospitable, they even offered us breakfast at our (way) early check in! I would truly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: December 2013