“Very nice stay.”
Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice clean King room. Great service and friendly staff. If you have kids and want to swim, the pool is across the street at their sister property which is a nice pool and hotel. Breakfast was nice and included eggs, sausage/bacon? and fruit, pastry and waffles. Well kept grounds and you could tell they cared about the place. Across the street to the very nice walkway by the river.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2014

In a nutshell, the room was the same price as the motels in the area. Glad I chose Glenwood Suites. The room was cleaner than most places I've stayed (including the W in Times Square). No you're not going to get a Temperpedic but you already knew that. The complimentary breakfast came in handy and saved us a ton of time before our paragliding appointment early in the a.m.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vonnadawn
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at GS 1 yr ago. I just returned again for two nights. on bad side there is no longer a happy hour. They have expanded the breakfast into two rooms, they have added a pancake machine I didn't try, the egg offering both days was prepared by someone that thinks its one part egg to one part salt. So I opted to only have cold offerings.
The elevator failed on the Mem day things happen it was repaired first thing Tuesday.
I stayed in a room on 2nd fl on highway side there was minor noise during morning rush hr, but again no big deal
The exercise room is larger than most. The motel is 100% non smoking. Minor problem with people violating state law and smoking next to exit door. Wish the hotel would post sign state law no smoking within 15 feet of doors.
there seems to be no employee responsible for the public grill by breakfast room . If you plan to use be prepared to clean prior to use.
It also seems like no employee is responsible for keeping the grounds clean, there was a paper plate on ground below our window when we checked in it was still there when we checked out.

The reviews for this property vary my guess is most of it is based on rate paid I used groupon last time and priceline this time. I was happy for what I paid. I would have been disappointed had I paid full price. I don't consider it a 3 star that priceline rated

net I will consider returning again if I get a discount rate

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you like over priced hotels with paper thin walls, then you found your hotel. We could have stayed at the famed Colorado Hotel for a little more than the price of this piece and I bet the elevators work.
I also have a COMFORT INN rewards card I used; mind you, I made my reservations more than three weeks prior and that for me a second floor handicap room.
Never again!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank DDMartinez
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My wife and I booked a standard room at the Glenwood Suites online with Priceline after considering several much more expensive options (Hotel Colorado, Glenwood Springs Lodge, Hotel Denver) and we were very glad we did. I was a little disappointed when the hotel came up because it was in West Glenwood and it didn't have any onsite pool / spa services but what it lacked in these areas were more then made up for everywhere that counts.

The room we were given on the second floor was huge with a nice sofa and a large balcony.

Overall it was a real nice place. Fairly up to date. We did our reasearch and choose clean and new over old and "charming". There are several of these "Charming" options right next to the hot springs but personally I didn't want to spent 3 times as much (we spent 70 dollars a night including tax) for the Lodge for a smaller room that isn't as nice, just so we could walk to the pools. and The Hotel Colorado has no Air Conditioning and is very dated and the Denver was under construction so I for me I would rather spent the $280 I saved over 2 nights for passed to the pools, a couple of steaks at Juicy Lucey's (a must try) and still pay for my entire gas bill from Denver.

The only real complants had to do with things that I knew going into it.
1. Right on the highway so if you aren't lucky enough to get a river facing room close the blackout blinds and crank the AC or you will hear and see the highway.
2. There are 0 things to do, no game room, no pool, no hot tub NOTHING so if you have kiddos be sure to have something to keep them busy when you are not having fun in town.

I do want to make note on the Breakfast. It is standard government issue hotel breakfast. I didn't mind it, it was fresh and clean and went until 10am which is nice since most hotels I have been at lately go only until 9. My wife hated it though and said the waffle maker sucked. I am sure it isn't great but it is what it is.

The Good:
* Comfortible Bed
* Large Rooms
* Clean as any room I have stayed in
* Great toiletries including cotton balls and Q-Tips
* Great HVAC (That easily covered the highway noise
* Very nice staff
* Ample parking including underground
* right on the river for great walks and bike rides
* Great Dairy Queen next door as well as a very good convenience store next door as well

The not so good:
* Terrible water pressure
* Nothing to do at the hotel
* Very thin floors and walls so it's a little loud
* no sit down dining close
* fairly far from Hot Springs, Caves and other activities
* Slow Housekeeping (Left the room on the second floor at 9am came back at 2 and they hadn't cleaned it yet)

I do want to say one thing that people with kids need to be careful with and it isn't the hotels fault. It is a very easy walk from to the parking lot to the Colorado River across the street. There is a Whitewater Rafting company right there and they have a large gravel launch ramp / driveway directly across from the hotel and there is no fence or rope or anything. I could see a little kid easily getting away from his/her parents and running into the river and getting swept away. Parents PLEASE keep an eye on your kids this would be HORRIBLE!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We requested a room on 3rd floor three weeks prior to arrival, request was not fulfilled. We were able to hear every move the family above us made as we were placed on the second floor. The room was large however outdated and signs of water damage in multiple areas of the bathroom. The room itself had a stench of moisture. We were told all rooms were booked and not able to be accommodated for any other room. Bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was awful, even my kids stuck with cereal and milk over their "hot breakfast" options. The breakfast area is VERY small and cramped. They have a large meeting room area which would be a much more spacious spot to set up breakfast in my opinion. Overall dissatisfied and will not return. Next time we are in GS we will pay more to stay elsewhere. Remember you get what you pay for definitely true in this case. Gave 3 stars due to price paid and room size however a true rating would be 2 1/2.

Room Tip: Best of luck with room requests as ours were not fulfilled.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The room was clean but outdated. The hot breakfast was on par for the price paid for the room. While I would not describe the staff as friendly they were helpful when needed. If you're a light sleeper I suggest you look farther away from the interstate as it would disturb most people while sleeping. This is a budget friendly hotel that does the job if you're looking for multiple beds for cheap.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple