“One of our best hotel stays ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenwood Suites

Glenwood Suites
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
Mesa, United States
“One of our best hotel stays ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Convenient location, fabulous hot breakfast, hotel is in excellent condition and includes access to the pool and hot tub at the adjacent hotel. Ray at the front desk was very helpful with info on the local area. We liked this place so much we extended our stay an additional night, will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Fountain, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My wife and I had planned on going to our 16th wedding anniversary to Glenwood Springs on a 2 night stay at Glenwood Suites on June 25-27th, but our 2 kids became sick and we ended up taking our kids with us. I called 24 hours prior to our check in to request a pull out sofa and spoke with Chad (MOD). Chad had a "I don't give a damn" attitude and his customer service was totally inappropriate.

I contacted the Choice Hotel guest relations service member and complained about the situation all for a request for a pull out sofa! Never got a call back or email from the general manager (Sian/Sean). I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't be a problem b/c we did not want to have to address this issue when we got there b/c our drive was about 4.5 hours away. We go on multiple family and couples getaway throughout the year and mostly stay at Hilton hotels. I have never experienced an issue with any hotels I have stayed r/t this experience.

But, when we arrived the day of check in...Ray (MOD) was very polite and even offered us with king size bed with a separate room for the kids with their own bunk beds. I have to say that Ray made our day! Otherwise, we had a memorable time in GW Springs. We had a great time at the GW Adventure Park with the kids and a great anniversary dinner at Juicy Lucy (BEST STEAKS EVER!). Also, the hotel was very clean, breakfast was great, and we got to use the pool across the street (pool was COLD).

My only advice working in customer service is...please train your staff about their phone mannerisms, voice inflection, and overall customer service. I was upset mostly by Chad's comment "If everyone called for a pull out sofa, then there wouldn't be any sofas left for our guests". I called on a Tuesday! a weekday! not even a holiday! I gave 24 hours notice! By the way, I'm not asking for a promise...all he had to say was, "we will try our best". That's it! I would've been able to call that morning prior to driving 4.5 hours away to make sure my kids had a place to sleep in. All this for a pullout sofa (Lol)!.

Room Tip: full hot breakfast is provided...very good for the value.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dona N James N
Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We had a suite with two queen beds and a twin overfull bunk bed. For the first time ever we actually had a bed for every person to sleep in. It was amazing! This hotel actually caters to families. The kids were disappointed that there was no pool, but the breakfast was great.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jennwp
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Nice clean King room. Great service and friendly staff. If you have kids and want to swim, the pool is across the street at their sister property which is a nice pool and hotel. Breakfast was nice and included eggs, sausage/bacon? and fruit, pastry and waffles. Well kept grounds and you could tell they cared about the place. Across the street to the very nice walkway by the river.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

In a nutshell, the room was the same price as the motels in the area. Glad I chose Glenwood Suites. The room was cleaner than most places I've stayed (including the W in Times Square). No you're not going to get a Temperpedic but you already knew that. The complimentary breakfast came in handy and saved us a ton of time before our paragliding appointment early in the a.m.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vonnadawn
colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at GS 1 yr ago. I just returned again for two nights. on bad side there is no longer a happy hour. They have expanded the breakfast into two rooms, they have added a pancake machine I didn't try, the egg offering both days was prepared by someone that thinks its one part egg to one part salt. So I opted to only have cold offerings.
The elevator failed on the Mem day things happen it was repaired first thing Tuesday.
I stayed in a room on 2nd fl on highway side there was minor noise during morning rush hr, but again no big deal
The exercise room is larger than most. The motel is 100% non smoking. Minor problem with people violating state law and smoking next to exit door. Wish the hotel would post sign state law no smoking within 15 feet of doors.
there seems to be no employee responsible for the public grill by breakfast room . If you plan to use be prepared to clean prior to use.
It also seems like no employee is responsible for keeping the grounds clean, there was a paper plate on ground below our window when we checked in it was still there when we checked out.

The reviews for this property vary my guess is most of it is based on rate paid I used groupon last time and priceline this time. I was happy for what I paid. I would have been disappointed had I paid full price. I don't consider it a 3 star that priceline rated

net I will consider returning again if I get a discount rate

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

If you like over priced hotels with paper thin walls, then you found your hotel. We could have stayed at the famed Colorado Hotel for a little more than the price of this piece and I bet the elevators work.
I also have a COMFORT INN rewards card I used; mind you, I made my reservations more than three weeks prior and that for me a second floor handicap room.
Never again!