“Ask for Jeremy!! -- fabulous rafting guide”

Colorado Adventure Center
Full Day Whitewater Rafting Adventure
Ranked #5 of 15 Tours in Glenwood Springs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A friend and I purchased a groupon online knowing we wanted to spend a weekend in Glenwood Springs for the first time AND knowing that we wanted to go rafting. This is the place to go!! Such an exciting adventure! Jeremy was really knowledgeable and fun! Thank you overall for a good weekend!

Stu B, Public Relations Manager at Colorado Adventure Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for visiting our Glenwood Springs Basecamp, and more importantly, for the great review here. Jeremy is an absolute pleasure to have around. I will definitely let him know how much you enjoyed his company on your trip. Thank you again for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Myself and my cousin booked thiszipline tour three hours beforehand and were really pleased with the experience.

Although not really dressed appropriately, we had enough time to run to the nearest Target store to buy some suitable shoes. (The matching red shoes did not go unnoticed by the guides which added to the fun and banter)

We were advised of the photo packages before we set off and we had decided to purchase the CD as it was only $12 each. We knew that we wanted the pictures but there was also opportunity to view the photos at the end and purchase a CD if needed. Purchasing the pictures at the start of the tour just sped things up at the end for us.

It was a short drive to the Zipline and we were met by three exerienced and knowledgable guides that were funny and charismatic - there's nothing wrong with a bit of harmless flirting!

We were very quickly put into our harnesses and safety gear and then there was a short demonstration on signalling and braking before allowing everyone a practise on the low zip line.

I felt very confident and safe throughout this experience. Competition, and having fun was encouraged throughout. I had underestimated the amount of pressure needed to brake which sent me flying into the arms of my guide Mark on the first line. However, this minor mishap was laughed off and did not affect my confidence in the slightest and by the second line, I felt like a professional.

The fourth line is the one over the river where the photographer awaits meaning this time you have to go alone. On the day that I went, we were experiencing a head wind on this line and so we knew we probably wouldn't reach the other side. This was fine, we had been shown how to turn and pull ourselves in and the guides were more than happy to come out and pull us back in and do the hard work for us.

This was a great experience and I am glad that we decided to do this. Our group was made up of a mixture of ages of all abilities from a 13 year old girl to a couple in their late 50s. The guides were extremely professional but insisted on making this experience funny even playing a joke on my cousin at the end questioning the safety of her harness.

I would definately recommend this tour, it was great value for money and has given me great memories to take home.

Thank you smilelikeyoumeanit83 for the stellar review. By the way, we have recently upgraded our zipline course, adding 3 more towers, 3 more zipline cables, and nearly 2,000 more feet of zipline excitement for only $10 more than before! We hope to see you again! Nonetheless, thank you for taking the time to review us.