“exceptional!”

Sunlight Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“exceptional!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Sunlight Mt. Inn's staff, Clayton & Kaje Ryon & Paul Copeland gave impeccable service and helpful advice on our first vacation in Colorado. It was an experience that I will never forget and owe so much thanks to those three for introducing us to the skiing/snowboarding instructors, bartenders, and fun locals. Definitely returning to Sunlight Mountain Inn in the summer for vacation and in the winter for more boarding trips. THANK YOU new management!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kateohmylord

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My kids just learning to ski = 5 and 9 years = loved the place and people. New owners Kaje and Clayton are most accommodating and made us feel very welcome!

Room Tip: If you have a dog - one of the best places in Colorado for them!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We received a gift certificate for this B&B. We decided to use it to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Kaje made us feel special and welcome from the minute we walked in the door. Our room was very rustic, very clean and just an adorable place to spend the weekend. Since we were not familiar with the area, Clayton took time to give us suggestions as to what activities and sightseeing opportunities we may enjoy. We will be planning another trip to Sunlight Mountain Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank M S
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This was just a fantastic place to stay in Glenwood Springs. We love that it was a little bit outside of town, tucked away in the mountains with wonderful fresh air and beautiful scenery. The owner and her helpers were just wonderful! Thanks for the great breakfast every morning too! We were very relaxed and enjoyed sleeping with our windows open every night to the sound of the roaring river next to the Inn. The 3 best nights of sleep I've had in a long time! And the loads and loads of hummingbirds swarming around were the cherry on top! I've never seen so many hummingbirds together at once.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the ski areas are the best!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Neets10
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I did not even get the opportunity to stay at this bed and breakfast. I made reservations with the owner over the phone for the Ranch House in July. She promised a confirmation email and told everything was set. When I did not receive the email, I called to confirm all was ok. Her husband was incredibly rude to me, saying that she doesn't sit in front of her computer all day sending confirmation emails. I told him I understood that that I just wanted to ensure there wasn't a problem. A few days later, I still had not received a confirmation, and called again to verify. I was told the owner would call back, but I never received a phone call or email. Today, I called once again and left a message on the voicemail to please call me to confirm the reservation, as it was my 3rd attempt to contact them. I am still in shock over the phone call I just received from the owner, yelling at me for leaving that message, telling me that they never send confirmation emails more than a month in advance "especially for just one night" and that perhaps we should not stay there after all. Needless to say, I canceled the reservation. I am in total shock that someone who runs a Bed and Breakfast would treat a customer in such a manner.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank BlakelynT
KajeRglenwoodsprings, Manager at Sunlight Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
We are so sorry that you had such a bad experience. There are new managers at the inn and we would love for you to give us a 2nd chance. Please feel free to contact us so that we can give you an amazing experience.
Parker
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We spent the weekend of March 4-6 here and went skiing at Sunlight with another family who also have 2 children. It was great to be so close to Sunlight Mountain. This place is like a bed and breakfast, as there are no tvs in the rooms, but a tv in the family room. The kids watched tv or played with the games provided by the inn, while we grownups played cards. The breakfast in the morning was delicious, with something for everyone. The hot tub was a great alternantive to driving the 13 miles down the road to the Hot Springs. The rooms were comfortable enough, and incredibly quiet- no city traffic out here. The service was great, as all the staff seem to go out of their way, and they all work very hard doing multiple jobs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Laura123tourist
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We drove from Kansas to stay at Sunlight Mountain Inn and go skiing. I highly recommend going during the week so it's not so crowded. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Breakfast at the base of the mountain was invigorating, before stepping out the front door to go skiing. You're so far up in the mountains, that the starlit sky takes your breath away at night while sitting in the hot tub. It's almost like a bed and breakfast, with 2 fuzzy dogs that greet you from behind the counter when you check in. The price was excellent and we can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple