Their website states breakfast includes eggs and sausage patties. Based on 3 days (Sat-Mon) in June, only one day did they serve eggs and sausage. The day I did find eggs and sausage, once they are gone, they are not refilled anytime soon. Does not matter if it was busy or not, eggs and sausage were usually not served. Coffee also can be lukewarm. They do not appear to be staffed to handle breakfast during the peak season.
The rooms have paper-thin walls as far as sound transfer of voices, plumbing pipe noise and vacuum cleaner. Our room had a door to the next room that can be used to create a suite. But the large air gap under the door lets odors come thru. We stuffed towels in the gap which helped control the extreme perfume smell from the guest next door.
The shower had pressure approaching a pressure washer despite adjusting the shower head. Seriously, if a stream hit you directly in the eye, you could easily be blinded. Showering consists of letting the water hit the least vulnerable parts of your body and then slosh it around from there. The shower definitely could not be directed at the face or other sensitive areas. The amount of water whooshing from the shower head actually creates a large suction causing the shower curtain to billow into the shower as if blowing in the wind. The extreme shower water pressure did not transfer over to the rapidity of toilet flushing. Flushing was always very slow to drain the bowl and sometimes left toilet paper behind.
Our room also did not have refrig or microwave. They said to request when booking if you want them.
Despite the negatives, they have many amenities including very nice and expansive grounds, good location, nice hanging flower arrangements, several picnic tables in various great locations, somewhat competitive pricing, nice management, ample parking, good highway setback AND air conditioning. Some of the competing places do not have AC. If you visit anytime June thru August, you definitely want the option to run the AC so avoid other places that do not have AC and they might even cost more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Antlers is situated on five acres at the mouth of the Roaring Fork Valley in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Located across the street from the Iron Mountain Tramway, the only entrance to the popular Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park, this hotel property is the largest by land size in Glenwood Springs. Spacious 5 building, 2 story hotel is blocks from the world's largest outdoor mineral pool, the Glenwood Hot Springs, and the historic Yampa Spa & Vapor Caves. These century old natural wonders are just a few of the historic attractions that makes this a year round Colorado destination. Our downtown location at the convergence of the world famous Colorado River with the Roaring Fork River surrounds our unique community with world class recreation, hunting, and fishing opportunities. Our central Rocky Mountain location also means we are surrounded by popular resorts like Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk, Snowmass, Vail, Beaver Creek and Sunlight Mountain all accessible in less then 1 hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Antlers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Antlers Hotel Glenwood Springs
- Best Western Hotel Antlers
- Best Western Glenwood Springs
- Glenwood Springs Best Western