Hotel Denver
Holiday Inn Express Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$122
Rodeway Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$66
Glenwood Suites(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$119
Hampton Inn Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$177
Glenwood Springs Cedar Lodge(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$68
Best Western Antlers(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$143
Quality Inn & Suites On The River(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$104
QualityInn
Glenwood Springs Inn(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hotel Glenwood Springs(Glenwood Springs)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$107
Travelocity
Hotel Colorado(Glenwood Springs)
US$132
US$112
Travelocity
All reviewsbrew pubtrain stationhardwood floorsexposed brickcolorado roomacross the streethot springsfront deskantique furniturethe penthousediscounted ticketsdaily breadheart of downtowncoffee shopfree towelswithin walking distancecorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2013

From making my reservation, to my departure this is by far one of the best experiences I've had ANYWHERE. I have a dog, who is very much a part of my family. Hotel Denver is extremely accomodating, there are no pet fees, and no deposits. We had an incredible room for a "pet room". Our room had hardwood floors, a large stained glass window that opened to let in air, beautiful furniture, and a large bathroom. The front desk staff is what really impressed me. When I made my reservation they asked the name of my dog- "to make sure she felt welcomed as well"- I mean, who does that?! When we arrived the gentleman working (and it was late) asked us what time we would be up so he could make sure there was coffee ready. The hotel itself is beautiful. And the location can't be beat. You are within 5 minutes of everything you could need, the attahed brewery is nice, but there are tons of great little local restaurants/bars just down the street along the main street. I will never stay anywhere else in Glenwood. There are probably cheaper "chain" hotels west of town, but its' not worth it. This was a couple of dollars more, and after skipping the pet fee, probably cheaper! LOVE YOU HOTEL DENVER!

2  Thank megssy
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in rm 309 last week. This is a very interesting hotel. I have stayed in some lovely historic hotels such as the Oxford in Denver. This hotel seems to aspire to that but doesn't quite make it.
Positives- charming, great location, friendly staff, apparently pet-friendly as tons of dogs, effective a/c, reasonably priced.
Less Positive- Many of the rooms have tired carpeting (ours had newly refinished
floors) and somewhat random (almost garage sale-like) antique furnishings. The drop ceiling w acoustic (?) tiles makes you feel like you're staying in grandma's basement, shower head was below my head and I'm only 5'7", no breakfast, no decaf, no fitness facility, many rooms including ours overlook the lobby (they call it the plaza) so we started hearing conversations beginning at 530 am.
I would return but I would be very careful in requesting specific rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013
April C, Owner at Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We consider feedback a gift and take it very seriously. Yes, please let us help you select a room on your next visit. There are some hints below.

We are continually remodeling our rooms to return them to their authentic, 98 year-old charm. This includes restoring floors (wood), ceilings, walls (brick), and also incorporating modern showers, TVs and internet. Showers are tricky as they simply did not exist in Glenwood Springs in 1915. Hint - request my favorite smaller rooms 300,302, 446, or the larger rooms 304,204, or 442. If you are interested in how far we have come on the remodels, and what the future plans are, there is a blog accessible from our website about The Evolution of the Rooms. Again, thank you for the valuable feedback - 309 is moving up the list!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We've stayed at this hotel twice now, and have loved it both times. The location is great, in the middle of everything. The rooms are cozy - with beautiful antiques and homemade quilts. It's a lovely place to stay, and I'd certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times. We just keep coming back. It's a little pricey and sometimes the rooms are a little, for lack of a better word, multi-generational, as far as upgrades, but they always go above and beyond to fit us with a good deal, and friendly service. We enjoy finding a new room and the interesting furnishings and views. Watching the trains come through is fun.
The brew pub can be accessed by a door in the lobby. The lobby itself is beautiful and a nice place to wait for a table or just sit and look around.
The graveyard to see Doc Holliday's memorial is not too far up the street. You are in the old downtown area, so that is a fun and short walk around. The springs are just over the bridge and often you can get a discounted rate or towels through the hotel.
It's simple and fun and has a lot of history. We love it.

Room Tip: Ask for one that has a view of the river and train station.
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We love to take the Amtrak from Denver to Glenwood Springs when we have to head up this way. In addition to be a great hotel, it is about 25 steps from the Amtrak train station. It is in close proximity to stores, restaurants, and the front desk staff are great.Restaurant downstairs has great food and the wait staff friendly and accomodating.Although I like the Hotel Colorado, this is definitely my first choice. Smaller hotel, great staff, fabulous location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business