1,054 results
All reviews brew pub train station hardwood floors exposed brick interior room colorado room across the street hot springs pool front desk antique furniture the penthouse daily bread discounted tickets coffee shop free towels corner room within walking distance
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We ended up checking out of the Hotel Colorado and checking in to the Hotel Denver. We enjoy the experience of staying at an old hotel, but appreciate tasteful updates and modern amenities while preserving the integrity and feel of the period with updated amenities.

Room Tip: All rooms were outfitted with antique furniture and interesting artwork, which appeared to be unique to each room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We experienced attentive staff and a quiet and restful stay. We were upgraded to a suite at no extra cost; we didn't request it, which I considered bonus. The decor mixture of antique and modern works well. The squeaky wooden floors were a little disconcerting, but the bathrooms were clean and the bedding was comfortable. We purchased our discounted hot springs pool tickets easily at the front desk and were given nice towels and an easy-to-carry bag as guests of the hotel. After a day at the pool, which is a walk across the pedestrian bridge, we returned our towels and the bag as we were welcomed back. The big bowl of apples and little bottles of water for guests at the front desk is a nice touch, as was the staff remembering us when we checked out. The front of the building is nicely framed with geraniums for the summer. We didn't try the coffee shop, but we did eat dinner at the Brewery Restaurant that has an entrance through the hotel lobby. The servings were large and a bit pricey. Our server was distracted and forgetful. I don't think I'll eat there again, but if I do, I will only order an appetizer as it was better than the entree I ordered.

Room Tip: Free hotel parking is located across Blake Ave right across from the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The hotel is ideally located for anyone who wishes to be able to walk to a variety of shops and a variety of great restaurants (try Brava for dinner and Daily Bread for breakfast). The footbridge across I-70 is very close and provides a scenic walk to the Hot Springs pool. The room and pool pass option is a good value. An approximate 20 minute walk from the hotel gets you to the Glenwood Caverns Adventure park tram.

We stayed in a Colorado room and found the room spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was dated and a bit on the small side for our tastes, but very clean.

Hotel staff are friendly and offered great suggestions for shops and dining.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

I have to say, this place has maximized what they have! The room was very big, we got a double because our cousin was with us, it had two bathrooms, which was super awesome since I'm sure we were all happy to have our own bathrooms. Tastefully decorated with antiques and nice modern tv's. Beds were the best we have had in Colorado yet. The hotel offered free apples and coffee. The water in the bathroom got hot quick and stayed hot, my only complaints are the same complaint I always have, the towels are to small and not enough space in the bathroom for 2 people to put their stuff. I would definitely stay here again. Staff was outrageously nice, we were greeted by a red headed lady and a black gentleman who were amazing, gave us tips on when and where to go, I would hire these two!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2018

Unwelcomed by female staff. Just stared at me when I approached the desk to check in.

Condescending (with a fake smile) when I asked questions and treated like a child when they “let you borrow” pool towels if you sign and “promise to bring it back”, or be charged $30. This is after telling you to be sure and get your pool towels there at the front desk. Overheard same females scolding other guests like 2 year olds over this issue. If it’s that big of a deal, perhaps you shouldn’t offer them!! It’s actually not the fact that you have to sign, etc. It’s the way you’re told. Very unprofessional! If you didn’t bring your own towels, go to Walmart,Target or the shop at the Hot Springs pool to purchase, or they have some at the pool you can use.

Most importantly, our room was so loud! We really aren’t that picky, but could hear entire conversations from nearby rooms easily, as well as a crying baby. Obviously, not a lot can be done about a crying baby if that were the only issue. The solution is to tell the front desk, who would find you another one in the middle of the night! Ummm, even though we were told repeatedly how they were sold out and really busy?? Why would we think they had one we could pack up and move in toin the middle of the night?

Upon checking out, I love how they ask how everything was, then when you answer honestly, they just say, “sorry”. They have every excuse in the book and even tell you, “the next time you stay with us..........” Yeah, not happening! We will never stay there again. Don’t ask how things are if you aren’t going to offer a reasonable solution.

We have been visiting Glenwood for years and years, and this experience is worse than the budget hotels we’ve stayed at who at least respond to complaints, offer discounts and have breakfast included. The supposed ambiance of The Hotel Denver is not worth the lack of customer service and hospitality.

I also think that the website/staff should let you know about the street/bridge construction right out the front door. Would have been nice to know.

I recommend staying at The Hot Springs Lodge, if possible. However, do come to the Hotel Denver building for espresso drinks in Rivers Blend, and The Brewpub for lunch, dinner or just a brew. Great service and products at those businesses!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Roxie M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Denver, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Bunzy,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review about your stay with us.
We value all guests feedback as it is the only way to improve on the service we provide.
We are disappointed to learn about your experience during your stay with us, as we do pride ourselves on our customer service and having our guests feel they are staying at their home away from home.
We certainly empathize with you regarding the noise you experienced during your stay.
Being we are a landmark property of over 100 years of history, noise can travel slightly easier than at a newer property.
We will be sure to learn from your experience and the feedback you have provided will help us improve our description when providing towels as we want our guests to enjoy the amenities provided and to feel confident in taking advantage of any of the items we offer.
Should you want to discuss this any further with us please contact us directly and I would be happy to speak with you.