“Disappointing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Hot Springs Lodge
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Glenwood Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We had a guaranteed reservation of a room with a balcony. We were given a room on the first floor (basement level) with a patio -- view of peoples feet walking by. The front dest explained that they should not have guaranteed a room with a balcony and our room was bigger anyway. On the way from the car to the room, through the parking garage, my very tall husband smacked his head on a concrete "box" hanging in one of the stalls. After he went to the front desk with the gash on his head, he got a "sorry" from the clerk. My husband suggested they put padding on the box before someone was seriously injured.
In the end, we got a phone call from the front desk suggesting we see a lifeguard about his injury. We also were given a small reduction in rate for the room.
The Hotel's website marketers have done an amazing job making an average hotel look like a fabulous spa. We won't return.

Room Tip: Do not expect luxury. The rooms are clean and nicely appointed, but not as nice as purported. Be su...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Susan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My father-in-law booked my new wife and I a couple of nights at the lodge and a couple of spa appointments.

-The room was perfect. It had great beds, super-friendly staff, clean room, nice (if small) bathroom, and tons of stuff we didn't expect. (safe, fridge, balcony.)
-It also came with a $30 food voucher for the Brewpub. I don't drink, but the food was phenomenal!
-There was a FREE breakfast each morning. From gravy and biscuits to bagels and fruit. Anything you could want was there.
-There were also free pool passes each morning!

-The pool was super after a long day. It was swimmable at one end and soothingly boiling at the other. You basically have an olympic size, 3 ft deep hot tub and a comfortably warm, olympic size pool cheek-to-cheek!

The massage was excellent, if a little rough. The lavender bath while I watched hunting on tv was amazing. (Don't be proud guys, it's great!)

I loved the mountain man/native American theme of decor too!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce D
Eagle, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We left somewhat disappointed in our Lodge stay. We have frequented the pool on many visits and this time decided to stay at the lodge. It would have been nice to have been able to enter the pool a the exit directly accross the street from the lodge but you have to walk all the way around to the front of the pool building and stand in line with everyone else. The towels for the pool were awful. Small and very scratchy. I expected much better. We did not have a drying rack in our room and had to try and dry our swim suits on the chairs on our balcony. We have 3 kids and had to pay extra for a family deluxe room which was no bigger than any other hotel room i have stayed in. Very cramped for what we paid for. We also did not have enough towels or shampoo's/gel for 5 people for 2 days. I expected so much more for the price we had to pay for the family deluxe room. The room was beautiful and went along with a regular 2 bed room. I think I am disappointed most that we paid for a deluxe room and I could not see where the "deluxe" part came in. I was told that it was a little bigger to accomodate a roll out. The room was very cramped and I could not even imagine adding that to the room! Plus it was extra, of course. We did not get to use our pool passes the second day and I went to the front desk and explained that we had to leave and could not use them but there was nothing they were willing to do about that. Even after hearing about my other complaints first. The front desk at check in was very accomadating and nice. I was more than disappointed at check out. We will go to the pool again but will probably stay somewhere else unless I find a fabulous deal to make it worth it now that I know what I do.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a drying rack for your suits. Also make sure you ask for extra shampoo/gels to t...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 070406
Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. Got a family suite which was very nice. But both times we have stayed at this hotel we could not get our room very cool. We opened the windows at night to cool our room. Breakfast was good. Pool was great!

• Stayed July 2012
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 August 2012

My family has been coming to Glenwood Springs since before I was born, but I hadn't been there for 20 years. Though the lodge isn't quite as convenient as it used to be since they moved it across the street, the rooms are gorgeous! We have 3 small kids so we got a suite. It was great that they had their own room so we weren't so cramped. It was nice they had drying racks on the patios to dry suits. It seemed kind of expensive, but when you factor in 3 days of pool passes and 2 breakfasts for a 2-night stay it makes it worthwhile. I would consider the breakfast more than continental. We were able to order eggs, omelets and pancakes. They also had a daily special--one day was a breakfast burrito w/ green chili (yummy) and the other day we were there they had chicken fried steak and gravy (didn't try). We will be coming back again and next time we will stay longer. We missed all the fun stuff at the top of the mountain like the roller coasters and fairy caves.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side face the pool and the higher the room the better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2012

small cramped quarters with no surfaces to put anything down. there is a drying rack outside on the patio - however the sprinkler system comes on early in the AM and gives you a nice wet surprise in the morning. everything about this place seemed a little inconvenient. the location of parking, the doors to the outside, getting to the pool etc. breakfast was included - it was pretty average as well. the whole hot springs pool was pretty over rated for me. biking up glenwood canyon and rafting down the river were awesome however. wouldnt stay here again though.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I always love my stay at the Springs. The best time to go is during the weekdays. There is less of a crowd and the wait time in line to check in, get into the pool or for breakfast is minimal. I love their beds...it's like sleeping on a cloud. The free wi-fi is also a plus.
It is however a good idea to send a family member over to the pool to be there at 7:30 when it opens to secure a shady spot for later. The sun can get intense.People are pretty good about respecting chairs that have been saved by laying a towel on it.
You can also rent a cabana all day for 85 or half day for less. But I would advise that you call at least a week in advance to reserve a cabana.They have water slides for kids too.
Overall it is an excellant value to stay at the lodge which includes entrance to the pool the day you get there and a wonderful breakfast selection for the days you spend there.

Room Tip: Helps to have a room with a balcony to hang swim suits to dry . They do have a room with a washer an...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family